Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Information on Death certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Olive

Olive Report 10 May 2007 11:23

I can not find any info on my grandfather after 1945 we belive he went to canada? on my grandmothers death certificate (she died in england ) in 1971 it has got wife of william fitzgerald colston so does this mean they were still married and him still alive at this time. thanks olive

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 10 May 2007 11:37

I would think so...otherwise it would have stated that your grandmother was Widow of... Do you know who the informant of her death was? That person, if still living, might be able to solve the problem for you. Teresa

Olive

Olive Report 10 May 2007 11:46

THANK YOU.would it still say that if they were divorced,

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 10 May 2007 11:52

Or if they had no way of knowing then they assumed he was still alive....just a thought

Olive

Olive Report 10 May 2007 12:01

Thank you that could be a possiblilty, thats properly why i cant find him