Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hospital Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 10 May 2007 11:00

Hiya, I am trying to find the reason why charlotte Ing born 1845 in Surrey was admitted to St Thomas hospital St Olave ,Southgwark in 1851 aged 6.I have contacted the London National Archives but they have advised me that the records have been destroyed.Does anyone know any other way in which i might find out what was wrong with her.It does say on the census that was done whilst she was in hospital that she was a scholar - but at Sunday school only,would it be possible to find out anything by tracing her school records (if ther are any),if it is possible could someone please tell me how -i need help!!! kath