Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1871 WALES Census Lookup

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

juliag

juliag Report 10 May 2007 07:54

I wonder if somebody out there could look up for me 1871 Census of William Stanfield B1843 Bedwelty, he died later in 1871 but he has a wife Elizabeth and three children Frances Elizabeth b 1867 Sarah Ann b1869 and Catherine Marie b1871. I would like to know where he lived as he was a Colliery Proprieter and I would like to find out what mine he owned so I can look up the collieries. I think he might have lived in Llandafal but would also like his street address. Thank you Julia

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 10 May 2007 08:23

1871: Name: William Stanfield Age: 27 Estimated birth year: abt 1844 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Elizabeth Gender: Male Where born: Monmouthshire, Wales Civil parish: Aberystruth Ecclesiastical parish: Beaufort Town: Ebbw Vale County/Island: Monmouthshire Country: Wales Street address: Llandaval Colliery (this is the street address) Occupation: Colliery proprietor Registration district: Bedwellty Sub-registration district: Aberystruth Household Members: Name Age William Stanfield 27 Elizabeth Stanfield 27 Frances E A Stanfield 3 Sarah Ann Stanfield 1 Catherin M Stanfield 1 month

juliag

juliag Report 11 May 2007 05:09

Thank you so much ozbird that really helped, now I will look at the Colleries on the web that I have been given. Julia

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 11 May 2007 07:45

Julia, it's between 2 farms & near a railway according to the household addresses on the census. Is that any help? Ozi.