Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage LookUp Nason and Batchelor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angelwings

Angelwings Report 9 May 2007 20:56

Hi there Would appreciate some help if poss as Ancestry does not seem to be of much help. I am trying to find the marriage details for Jacob Lewis Nason (aka Jack Lewis Nason) and Joan Kathleen Nason formerly Batchelor. They had their first child in 1952 and they are both down as mother and father on the birth cert. Nothing is coming up at all on Ancestry. Any help or advice appreciated. Gayle

kaz

kaz Report 9 May 2007 21:13

Gayle What district or county are you looking for? Kaz

Andrea

Andrea Report 9 May 2007 21:19

Hi Gayle Jack L Nason married Joan K Batchelor June 1950 Deptford Volume 5c Page 961 Regards Andrea

Pam

Pam Report 9 May 2007 21:54

You need to search the Complete BMD's not the Indexed ones.

Angelwings

Angelwings Report 9 May 2007 22:27

Andrea Thats the one. Thank you v. much. Gayle

Angelwings

Angelwings Report 10 May 2007 09:42

This is a really long shot but Jacob Lewis Nason divorced Joan Kathleen Batchelor and married a Gwendoline ( I am unaware of her maiden name). Is there any way of finding their marriage? Also, Andrea, how did you manage to find the Jacob and Joan marriage. I checked Free BMD and Ancestry and could not find a thing. Gayle

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 10 May 2007 09:45

when did they divorce?

Angelwings

Angelwings Report 10 May 2007 10:05

Hi there, unfortunately I have no idea when they divorced. Is it possible to find divorce records? Maybe I could try that. I'm afraid I haven't got a lot to go on. I just know that when Jacob (Jack) died he was married to a Gwen.

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 10 May 2007 10:13

any idea when last child with first wife was born, ive searched 1955-64 .

Angelwings

Angelwings Report 10 May 2007 10:17

Hi there - Vivienne C Nason was born first quarter of 1957. I haven't received the birth certificate yet. Thank you for your time G

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 10 May 2007 10:32

hi, ive searched 54-1970. when did he die?

Angelwings

Angelwings Report 10 May 2007 10:49

He died in April 2003. G

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 10 May 2007 10:54

cant see one for him up to 1980...

Angelwings

Angelwings Report 10 May 2007 11:47

Maybe they weren't married then - just living together. I don't believe there were any children with his second wife. We always assumed they were married. Thank you very much for your help, its much appreciated. Gayle

Andrea

Andrea Report 10 May 2007 12:32

Hi Gayle On Ancestry you can check the full BMD by date It is free to do this You just need to register on site As you gave the date of their first child I was able to check backwards from 1952 There is very little info on free bmd yet after about 1920 Hope this helps Andrea

Angelwings

Angelwings Report 10 May 2007 12:42

Hi Andrea. I didn't think of that. I am a member on Ancestry so could have done this, if I had thought of it! At least I know for future searches. Thanks