Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Roots Magic...any advice please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanie

Joanie Report 9 May 2007 19:16

What do people think of this product i want to print out my family tree linesand mount for xmas and do a booklet for each branch...any advice wud be brill...use it or not ?....Joanie

Joanie

Joanie Report 10 May 2007 09:50

nudge

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 10 May 2007 09:57

i have roots magic platinum. and i personally would recomend it to anyone,. its easy to use,. its easy to make shareable cd,s there are many many types of different reports you can print out, though rem if you have an A4 printer if you print out box style tree it puts diff bits of it on diff sheets of paper and you have to stick them together, bigger printer i think you dont have to do that. well worth its money.

Joanie

Joanie Report 10 May 2007 09:58

Thanks Jennifer, i have a friend who works in printing...so i thought if i cud put on a disc each line he may print it out for me so i can mount it.....wud that sound fesable to u....Ciao Joanie

Alan

Alan Report 10 May 2007 10:09

Apologies for butting in but what are the benefits of Roots over FT Maker 2006? I have the latter but I am not impressed by it?

Joanie

Joanie Report 10 May 2007 10:13

I just heard that if u wanted to copy ur tree or print it out this was good - hence my question....I have FT maker too......Joanie

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 10 May 2007 10:18

alan i can only comment on rm as i dont have and never had any other software for burning trees to a disc, i have never had any problems with it,

Alan

Alan Report 11 May 2007 09:49

Thanks for the info. Alan