Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 Census for Derbyshire please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Frances

Frances Report 9 May 2007 18:52

Emma Rogers is born in Jun Qtr 1846 in the Chesterfield District. In the 1881 and 1901 the area of Chesterfield is given as Calow and Calow Green. I would like to know if she shows up with parents and siblings in 1851 please. Her marriage to Thomas Nicholson in 1863 is also Chesterfield so possibly she would be there in 1851. Many thanks, Frances

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 May 2007 19:05

Could this be her in 1861? Name: Emma Rodgers Age: 14 Estimated birth year: abt 1847 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Jno Mother's name: Jane Gender: Female Where born: Calow, Derbyshire, England Civil parish: Staveley County/Island: Derbyshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: View image Registration district: Chesterfield Sub-registration district: Eckington ED, institution, or vessel: 13d Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 38 Household Members: Name Age Jose Knight 23 Elizh Rodgers 9 Emma Rodgers 14 James Rodgers 11 Jane Rodgers 30 Jno Rodgers 50 Jno Rodgers 3 John Rodgers 12 Source Citation: Class: RG9; Piece: 2535; Folio: 86; Page: 8

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 9 May 2007 19:12

Same one 1851? Name: Emmaler Rodgers Age: 4 Estimated birth year: abt 1847 Relation: Daughter Father's name: John Mother's name: Jane Gender: Female Where born: Calow, Derbyshire, England Civil parish: Calow County/Island: Derbyshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Chesterfield Sub-registration district: Ashover ED, institution, or vessel: 8 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 86 Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth Rodgers 1 Mo Emmaler Rodgers 4 George Rodgers 16 Harriet Rodgers 11 James Rodgers 2 Jane Rodgers 36 John Rodgers 49 Ironstone miner Jonathan Rodgers 3 Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2147; Folio: 705; Page: 24 If you would like the images, pm me your e-mail address and will send.

*Sharm

*Sharm Report 9 May 2007 19:12

Hello Francis I found this 1851 census for E Rogers?? Name: E Rogers Age: 4 Estimated birth year: abt 1847 Relation: Daughter Father's name: Thomas Gender: Female Where born: Pyebridge, Derbyshire, England Civil parish: Alfreton Ecclesiastical parish: Riddings County/Island: Derbyshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Belper Sub-registration district: Ripley ED, institution, or vessel: 7 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 108 Household Members: Name Age A Alton 14 E Rogers 4 Thomas Rogers 37 Pyebridge is abt 15 miles from Chesterfield. Sharmala.

Frances

Frances Report 9 May 2007 19:29

Thank you Keith and Sharmala, the Calow Emma certainly fits what I already have for her. That has helped me a great deal. Frances