Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891/1901 look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dan

Dan Report 9 May 2007 00:58

Hello Can someone please find for me a Florence Louise PETTS born 1886 in Hertfordshire. Her father was James Petts he died in 1890, not sure of her mothers name. With thanks Dan

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 May 2007 02:12

Dan, There's no birth record for her. How do you know where she was born? Rose

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 May 2007 04:12

This is the ONLY Florence Louisa Petts that comes up on freebmd ............... which, incidentally, is FREE so you can use it yourself!! No brth ....... just this marriage. Could it be yours???? Surname First name(s) District Vol Page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marriages Dec 1906 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- FARROW Isaac Thomas Luton 3b 862 MUNT May Luton 3b 862 PETTS Florence Louisa Luton 3b 862 PETTTS Florence Louisa Luton 3b 862 PHILPOTT Frederick Thomas Luton 3b 862 - - - No sign on ancestry 1891 or 1901 of a Florence or Louise/Louisa Petts of right age, born in Herfordshire or without a father Sylvia (in Canada)

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 9 May 2007 04:15

Is this her father's death?? Deaths Dec 1890 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Petts James 26 Hertford 3a 317 Sylvia

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 May 2007 05:02

How can you know this death is yours? Rose

Dan

Dan Report 9 May 2007 05:09

Hello Everyone The information concerning Florence was provided by another GR member, and when I looked on FreeBMD I couldnt find the birth either, I wonder if she had her mothers surname - mothers name is unknown though. The 1890 death of James Petts is her father. The contact I have says Florence married Alfred Fenn in 1916 though I cant marriage either though this year is still incomplete. Florence would have been in her 30's by 1916 so I wonder if she was previously married? Thank you for your interest.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 May 2007 05:53

This Florence married Isaac Farrow: Marriages Dec 1906 FARROW Isaac Thomas Luton 3b 862 MUNT May Luton 3b 862 PETTS Florence Louisa Luton 3b 862 PETTTS Florence Louisa Luton 3b 862 PHILPOTT Frederick Thomas Luton 3b 862 Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 May 2007 05:59

Dan, I think you have to question this other member's info. How could they know he was her father if they don't appear on any censuses together? Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 May 2007 05:59

There is a marriage for an Alfred E Fenn to a Florence Farrow in 1916. There's no middle initial for Florence. Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 May 2007 06:06

Isaac's death: Deaths Sep 1911 Farrow Isaac T 25 Luton 3b 505 Rose

Dan

Dan Report 9 May 2007 09:05

Thank you Portland Rose, I think you have solved it. From what I can tell on the GR members tree, he has Florence's full date of birth and also her father James full death and cause, so I 'assume' this is how he knows James is her father. James sister Emily Petts is my ancestor. So from what you have found Florence, was married to Isaac Farrow but he died in 1911 and she remarried Alfred FENN. Thanks again for all your help. Dan

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 May 2007 18:18

Hi Dan, I can see the tree on Ancestry. I'm still not convinced Florence is James' daughter. Where's the birth and she's not on any census records. I found a Florence Louisa Pitts with father James born 1887. Perhaps this is Florence? Rose