Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone need info from Durham Records Office?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 8 May 2007 08:08

Please see below.

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 8 May 2007 08:14

I am going to Durham R O on Thursday for the day with Ann Lazenby. If anyone wants a look up please post on this thread. I will do my very best time permitting. To those members who I have already promised a look up. I have your info, but if you want to post again, with any more info, or you no longer need the look up please let me know. Jenny.

GeordieCath

GeordieCath Report 8 May 2007 08:25

Hi Jenny, If you have time could you please see if you can find the deaths of John Alexander b1835 and Janet [ Jessie ] his wife b 1836. They lived in Ellison St Jarrow from 1881 -1891 . Searched death index and can only find 2 entries for John March qrt 1895 S.Shields + June qrt 1899 S.Shields. There is only one for a Jessie June qrt 1897 also S.Shields. Cath

Sandra

Sandra Report 8 May 2007 09:01

HI While your there could you please ask if they have addresses of Catholic childrens homes 1907 - 1925. My grandfather Arthur Scott born april 1907 was in one with his sister Evelyn who was a bit older but i haven't found anything about her yet. From what mum says Arthur remembers being bought up by a Monsignor in a childrens home before going down the mines age 14 years. I can't find a birth cert for him in the Durham area & when he was alive he said his mum died giving birth to him. (poss illigitimate my head says.) On his marriage cert it said Mathew Scott father. But mum seems to remember a Roach surname. poss mothers maiden name. If the home is still there i would like to write to see if they have any info. or an address for the Catholic information place. Also my other grandfather William Addison Jones born 27/12/ 1882 Newbold, Chesterfield. On his birth cert it says he was born outside the police station, if there is a newspaper report could you please get a photocopy for me & I'll reimburse you through the post thankyou Sandra

Tin Fields

Tin Fields Report 8 May 2007 09:13

Hi Jenny, Oh yes please! Wilfred Price married Ida Liddell in Sept quarter of 1945, marriage registered in Durham NW. Although not a direct blood line, verification would be lovely if you have time. Many many thanks Lisa

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 8 May 2007 14:45

Hi Jenny, Should you have time I would appreciate you looking at Easington St Mary Parish Baptisms Ref: EP/Ea5, Jan 1813-Dec 1840 for Thomas Miller Born 1823 Father Thomas, Mother unknown. Many thanks, Yvonne

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 8 May 2007 16:37

Hi Jenny, I wonder if you can lookup a birth for me please:- Phillip Collins born 1870 in Bottle Bank, Blackhill, Lanchester, Benfieldside area of Durham. He is listed as 8 months old in the 1871 census with his parents Thomas Collins and Mary Ann Collins (nee Duffy). I am really trying to find out where his Father Thomas Collins was born, I know it was Ireland and think its Monaghan but wondered if it maybe said which part of Monaghan on the son Phillip's birth certificate. I have the marriage certificate of Thomas Collins and Mary Ann Duffy in 1866 but it just says Thomas's father is Owen Collins and I know they came from Ireland. Many thanks Betty

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 9 May 2007 16:59

Nudge Jenny.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 9 May 2007 17:13

So kind of you, Jenny. If you have the time and could find a birth/baptism for Thomas Turnbull born 1816, either Killerby or Summerhouse, Durham. I realize that's a lot to ask as I have no idea of date other than 1816. I'm hoping the father's name is Joseph. Thank you so much. Margaret

doddsy1

doddsy1 Report 9 May 2007 19:53

Hello Mommylonglegs, Thanks so much for this offer and I hope that you both have a good day. Could you please make an attempt at demolishing my brickwall. Would you look for any details of the baptism of Susannah Humble, August 1778 at Gateshead, father George Humble. Also a marriage for Susannah Humble to William Dawson somewhere around 1806 as that was when their first child was born in Chester-le-Street. Good Luck Sylvia

shelly1964

shelly1964 Report 9 May 2007 20:02

Hi, any info on the parents in particular the father of sarah Vest Brown b22/06/1909 at Framwellgate moor. father Robert mother Sarah. I think they may of lived at 20 Neville Terrace crossgate moor Durham. Many thanks Michelle.

doddsy1

doddsy1 Report 9 May 2007 21:59

Hi Again, Just if you have the time, can I be cheeky and place another request. Would you to look for the birth of Robert A Medcalf (Metcalf) in Sunderland 1874 I would just like to establish if his father is John Medcalf and his mother is Ann (nee Ferguson) Thanks so very much Sylvia

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 9 May 2007 22:01

Ok. everyone, having an early night. Will do my best for all of you. Fingers crossed. Jenny

Karen

Karen Report 9 May 2007 22:01

Thanks for your very kind offer, I'm looking for a marriage between William Young born c1825 and a Ruth ? born c1826. Their first child was born 1844. Thanks Karen

Mommylonglegs

Mommylonglegs Report 9 May 2007 22:09

Just spotted the last two requests. Will add them to my list. I will check this thread in the morning around 8.30am before I leave home. Jenny.

Susan

Susan Report 9 May 2007 22:32

Hello Jenny, If possible can you see if you can locate a wedding cert for :-Thomas Edward Phillips (dob 1883 Warrington) to Eva Jenkinson (dob 1890/1 Darlington) I have had no luck in finding it. I'am new to this subject, hope I have given you the right info. Many Thanks, Sue.

Suzy-in-the-Skye

Suzy-in-the-Skye Report 10 May 2007 09:06

Hi Jenny, Only just seen your thread & I hope I'm in time to request a look up. Can you have a look at this death record for me please: 09/12/1834 Thomas Gatiss died aged 41 - buried St. Andrews, Auckland, Durham. any further info which may be listed would be of great help to me. Many many thanks, Suzy.

*****libra

*****libra Report 10 May 2007 09:35

Have sent you a message. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thankyou. Ann.