Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 Census for Derbyshire please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Frances

Frances Report 7 May 2007 10:13

I have found Enoch Savage being born in Chesterfield in 1852 and he is married before 1881. I would be most grateful if somebody could find him with his family in 1861. I believe he is still in Chesterfield. If anybody could also find them in 1871 that would be a bonus. Many thanks, Frances

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 May 2007 10:13

This may be him. His marriage cert will confirm his fathers name 1861 census Name: Enoch Savage Age: 8 Estimated birth year: abt 1853 Relation: Son Father's name: Joseph Mother's name: Elizabeth Gender: Male Where born: Brimington, Derbyshire, England Civil parish: Brimington Town: Brimington County/Island: Derbyshire Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: View image Registration district: Chesterfield Sub-registration district: Chesterfield ED, institution, or vessel: 25 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 20 Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth Savage 41 b Chesterfield Enoch Savage 8 b Brimington Joseph Savage 41 occ Furnace labourer b Eckingston Joseph Savage 20 'b Brimington Matthew Savage 12 b. Brimington Living at no 10 Weldon Mill . Brimington

Frances

Frances Report 7 May 2007 10:26

Thank you Shirley, I am pretty sure it will be the right family as the name Enoch is sufficiently unusual! Frances

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 7 May 2007 10:28

1871 census Name: Joseph Savage Age: 52 Estimated birth year: abt 1819 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Elizabeth Gender: Male Where born: Mont St Mary Eckington, Derbyshire, England Civil parish: Brimington Ecclesiastical parish: St Michael Town: Brimington County/Island: Derbyshire Country: England Street address: Weldon Bridge Occupation: Labourer Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Chesterfield Sub-registration district: Chesterfield ED, institution, or vessel: 27 Household schedule number: 22 Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth Savage 51 Enoch Savage 21 Joseph Savage 52 Enoch seems to gained an extra couple of years in age

Frances

Frances Report 7 May 2007 10:47

Thank you again Shirley, Fortunately the age thing is not uncommon otherwise we would all be very upset that we could not find the correct ancestors! I am presently trying to reconcile a Catherine Renton being 23 in the '51 (as a servant) and 36 when she died in '58, having got married the previous year and had a daughter in the year before that, as an unmarried mother, all within a radius of 10miles and no other Catherines on the horizon.........??? Frances

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 7 May 2007 13:14

The BVRI discs have a Enoch Savage christened 24 Oct.1853, Brimington, Derbyshire. Parents Joseph Savage & Elizabeth. There's another one: Enoch Savage christened 8 Oct.1868, Chesterfield, Derbyshire. Parents James Savage & Elizabeth.

Frances

Frances Report 7 May 2007 17:57

Thank you for that Margaret. The 1852/3 fits the 1881 after he got married. Frances