Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Diss Parish Records Look Up Needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 6 May 2007 15:27

Hi Guys See Below in a minute.

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 6 May 2007 15:36

Right I have this guy - William Rolfe who from an entry in the IGI (member submitted) has a baptism date of 26th Aug 1821 in Diss, Norfolk. Son of Elizabeth Rolfe. Now I cant find him at all in 1841 but by 1851 he is married to Elizabeth Noble and I have them from there fine. I got their marriage certificate yesterday on the off chance he might have put his fathers name - but in all likelihood put John Rolfe (deceased) or something like that. But lo and behold he actually put his real fathers name! William Dent. Now I see by the 1841 census that the possible father William Dent has by then married someone called Mary and had children with her - the eldest being younger than my William Rolfe - so perhaps he never did the decent thing by Elizabeth and married her - and married Mary instead. I would be really interested if anyone has access to the Diss parish register to find out more about my William Rolfe and his mother Elizabeth and also more on William Dent. Any help is appreciated. Regards Alex