Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need Help Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kylie

Kylie Report 5 May 2007 22:18

Hi am am trying to find information on my grandmother..the little i know is she was born Jessie fisher on 07\09\1909 don't know where or even mothers/fathers name she past away 30/12/1983 in gainsborough lincs .... She married Arthur raymond Rose he was born 21/02/1912 Lincoln, according to birth recs. past away 25/06/1979 they had 6 children one being my father who is also no longer with us... All i have to go on is that they lived at yawthorpe near corringham lincs in 1972 & then in gainsborough in 1979.... Please could someone till me the best way to find anything regarding them... As i am now lost Thank you Kylie I have found my Grandmother death rec & my grandads birth rec how do i go about getting them & what information should hopefully be on them ?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 May 2007 22:22

This might be her birth: Births Dec 1909 Fisher Jessie Caistor 7a 633 But you need to find their marriage first. Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 May 2007 22:28

Have you looked through the Complete index here? http://ancestry.*co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx Rose

Kylie

Kylie Report 5 May 2007 22:42

how do i go about finding marrage information... All i have to gone on is there names....

Emma

Emma Report 5 May 2007 23:24

Hello Kylie, This appears to be the marriage registration for Jessie Fisher and Arthur Rose. You can apply for their marriage certificate with this information. Jul-Aug-Sep Quarter 1931 NAME: Jessie Fisher Surname of Spouse: Rose District: Caistor Volume: 7a Page Number: 1909 NAME: Arthur R. Rose Surname of Spouse: Fisher District: Caistor Volume: 7a Page Number: 1909 To order your relatives birth, marriage and death certificates you will need to visit the GRO (General Register Office) website. http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ once there you will see a box called 'Research' on the right hand side. there is a link in that box called 'Starting yout family research'. Click ont hat link and it will give you helpful tips on starting your family tree, and if you click the links on that page for birth, marriage, and death, it will tell you what you will find on each certificate. You can also download the forms to print out and fill in to apply for your relatives certificates, or, you can order them online through that site.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 May 2007 02:12

Kylie, If you look at the link I listed you will see the marriage Emma found. Rose