Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can you find this baby in the 1851 census???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 5 May 2007 22:21

See below in a mo....

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 5 May 2007 22:22

UPDATED!!! In the 1851 census I am trying to find Albert Horace STUBBERSFIELD born 3 March 1851 Wateringbury, Kent. In the 1851 census I have found his mother Ann Mahala STUBBERSFIELD (my GG Grandmother) b 1832 Wateringbury who is also illegitimate under Ann M Daughn (VAUGHN) Ann 's mother Elizabeth (b ca 1812 London) married a John VAUGHN (b 1809 Nettlestead, Kent) - Elizabeth & John have now been LOCATED IN THE 1851-thanks Georgina & Jane!! Also, on Ann Mahala Stubbersfield's second marriage certificate (in NZ) her mother Elizabeth Vaughn's maiden name is down as BURRIDGE. Her first marriage to John Vaughn was as a STUBBERSFIELD!!! Could Albert be down under Burridge???? :~/ Thank you so much Liz

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 5 May 2007 22:29

Liz This is only a guess but...1851 census night was 30th March so baby Albert would have only been a few days old. Maybe he wasnt added on the 1851? Remember sadly babys diddnt always survive the 1st few days? Hope you find him. I couldnt see him on Ancestry but then I'm no expert...far from it! Gerri x PS...Who's this?...coincidence??? ...Ann Mahala Stubbersfield Year of Registration: 1852 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec DISTRICT: Maidstone County: Kent Volume: 2a Page: 733 for some reason it wont allow me to put her full name of Ann Mahala...so have added below...

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 5 May 2007 22:39

Hi Gerri, Thanks for looking. I do know he survived as he came out to NZ in 1874. Liz x :~}

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 5 May 2007 22:41

Ann Mahala Stubbersfield Year of Registration: 1852 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec DISTRICT: Maidstone County: Kent Volume: 2a Page: 733

Jane

Jane Report 5 May 2007 22:42

ahem, cough cough !!! being a traitor now our Liz?? pmsl ***flounces back to my thread***

Georgina

Georgina Report 5 May 2007 22:46

There is a 1 month old child with the grandparents in 1851 but her name is Emma?? Name: John Vaughn Age: 42 Estimated birth year: abt 1809 Relation: Head Spouse's name: Elizabeth Gender: Male Where born: Nettlestead, Kent, England Civil parish: Wateringbury County/Island: Kent Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View image Registration district: Malling Sub-registration district: Aylesford ED, institution, or vessel: 2a Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 105 Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth Vaughn 42 Ellen Vaughn 5 Emma Vaughn 1 Mo James Vaughn John Vaughn 42 John Vaughn 14 Philis Vaughn 2 Sarah Vaughn 9 Solomon Vaughn 14 Georgina.

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 5 May 2007 22:46

Hi Gerri, That is her marriage to my GG grandfather Richard Russell incidentally she lived to grand age of 93. Thanks Liz :o)

Jane

Jane Report 5 May 2007 22:51

couldn't resist having a go 1st though, lol 1851 John Vaughn abt 1809 Nettlestead, Kent, England Head Wateringbury Kent Elizabeth Vaughn abt 1809 London, England Wife Wateringbury Kent Ellen Vaughn abt 1846 Wateringbury, Kent, England Daughter Wateringbury Kent Emma Vaughn abt 1851 Wateringbury, Kent, England Daughter Wateringbury Kent James Vaughn Staplehurst, Kent, England Son Wateringbury Kent John Vaughn abt 1837 Cuckfield, Sussex, England Son Wateringbury Kent Philis Vaughn abt 1849 Wateringbury, Kent, England Daughter Wateringbury Kent Sarah Vaughn abt 1842 Chiddingstone, Kent, England Daughter Wateringbury Kent Solomon Vaughn abt 1837 Wateringbury, Kent, England Son Wateringbury Kent

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 5 May 2007 23:04

Hi Georgina, Thank you for that I fully expected him to be with them. Hmmmm... Another mystery as two of John & Elizabeth's children are missing Harriet b 1835 Wateringbury, Kent & William b 1840 Wateringbury, Kent. Thanks again Liz x

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 5 May 2007 23:10

Oooh!! Thank you Jane!!! We still love you and haven't completely deserted you... I will pop over to your thread in the next day or two!!!! lol Liz

Georgina

Georgina Report 5 May 2007 23:10

Could Harriet have died?? Deaths Mar 1847 (>99%) Vaughn Harriet Malling 5 303 Georgina.

Georgina

Georgina Report 5 May 2007 23:15

Albert is with his mother in 1861 but I cant see him in 1851... Name: Ann Martha Russell Age: 28 Estimated birth year: abt 1833 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: Richard Gender: Female Where born: Wateringbury, Kent, England Civil parish: Nettlestead Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary the Virgin County/Island: Kent Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: View image Registration district: Maidstone Sub-registration district: Yalding ED, institution, or vessel: 10 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 52 Household Members: Name Age Albert Russell 10 Ann Martha Russell 28 Ann Martha Russell 2 Richard Russell 32 Georgina.

Jane

Jane Report 5 May 2007 23:16

at least somebody loves me........ nobody's left me a look up for days, sob sob anyway i have 2 theories on this one..... 1st is they hid the existence of Albert due to him being illegitimate...... 2nd is maybe he wasn't registered at that time, ( do you have cert?) so is known as baby Vaughn or Stubbersfield on census. or even could be in hospital with no name........... the list is getting endless now, lol

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 5 May 2007 23:26

To further add to the intrigue: on Ann Mahala Stubbersfield's second marriage certificate (in NZ) her mother Elizabeth Vaughn's maiden name is down as BURRIDGE. Her marriage to John Vaughn was as a STUBBERSFIELD!!! Hope this doesn't confuse you further!!!! Liz xx :~}

GenieAngel

GenieAngel Report 5 May 2007 23:34

Thank you Jane and Georgina!!! Georgina, ooops I seem to have missed Harriet's death!!! Thank you so much for the 1861 census! :~} Jane: I do have Albert's birth cert. It has his name, sex, date of birth, registration district & sub district. But sadly no parents!!!! Thank you both so very much I really, really appreciate your help! Liz xx :~}

Georgina

Georgina Report 5 May 2007 23:49

This is Albert's christening from the IGI... ALBERT HORACE STUBBERSFIELD Male Event(s): Birth: Christening: 25 MAY 1851 Wateringbury, Kent, England Death: Burial: Parents: Mother: ANN MAHALA STUBBERSFIELD Georgina.