Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone do a lookup on findmypast please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 5 May 2007 17:02

Hi I would be really grateful if someone could do a look up on findmypast for me. I am looking for a marriage of Bridget Sullivan to Gwilym Davies. I got these names from my mums birth cert. She was born in Gloucester in 1929. I was told that there are some quarters missing for 1925/26 on Ancestry & was told that maybe they might be on Findmypast. I have found one marriage which was in 1904 in Neath but this seems to be too far back. If there are no marriages for these quarters that match these names then I will have to presume that the 1904 one is correct & order the cert. Thanks in advance lorraine

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 May 2007 17:26

Can you confirm that the bride's maiden name was the same as her married name.......... Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 May 2007 17:31

Easily done, but I thought it better to clarify........ I've just added a note on your other thread........ Reg

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 5 May 2007 17:33

Sorry Reg I must've been having a silly moment, I meant to put her maiden name as Sullivan.

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 6 May 2007 00:58

Thanks Reg for the little note on the other thread I appreciate your help, I'm saying thanks on this one as I don't want anyone to think I didn't read or reply after posting. Still hoping some kind person will spare a credit for me for a lookup on findmypast, if not no worries as I will try & get some credits in a few weeks as I've just ordered certs so am a bit skint lol. Thanks to all who helped Lorraine

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 6 May 2007 10:22

hi lorraine, just spent half an hour looking for marriage between 1920-31 on find my past and ancestry,plenty of bridget sullivans but they didnt marry a davies,are you sure they were married, you said that they had different surnames on your mothers birth cert which would suggest that they were not married at that time.x

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 7 May 2007 00:17

Hi Suzanne Thanks for doing the lookup for me I really appreciate it, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier but I was having a few probs with my pc getting onto websites & have only just managed to check back on here. I think I might have to taje the 1904 marriage in Neath as the right one as this is the only marriage that has the right names. On my mum's birth cert it said Bridget Davies formely Sullivan so this must mean that they were married, when I originally posted I made a mistake & put them both as Davies but thanks to Reg pointing it out I altered it to the correct names. Thanks again for your help I really do appreciate it. Lorraine