Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for Morley Wilkinson ALLIS - QLD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 5 May 2007 06:51

Hi I need some help I am trying to help my uncle in the Uk trace a Morley Wilkinson ALLIS . Morley Wilkinson ALLIS born abt 1888 Ulgham, Northumberland Married Johanna Stotzer 1915 Elham, Kent My uncle believes he came to QLD, Australia after he married, but can't find him anywhere. Thought I'd look up QLD deaths but can't seem to find out where I can view them. Can anyone help? Many Thanks Julie

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 May 2007 07:52

According to this he married Johanna, not Margaret: Marriages Jun 1915 Allis Morley W Stotzer Elham 2a 3178 Stotzer Johanna Allis Elham 2a 3178 You should change the title to ask for a QLD lookup. Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 May 2007 07:54

He was still in the UK in 1919: Births Mar 1918 Allis Viean Stupzer Lewisham 1d 1459 Deaths Mar 1918 Allis Viean 0 Lewisham 1d 1307 Births Dec 1919 ALLIS Madelene D Stotzer Lewisham 1d 2175 Rose

Julie

Julie Report 5 May 2007 09:05

Thank you so much more your help I have called my Uncle in the UK to tell him already. Julie

Julie

Julie Report 5 May 2007 12:35

Does anyone know how first of all I can check they came to Australia and secondly where I would find out information on their deaths or if they had anymore children? Thanks Julie

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 May 2007 18:48

Look through the complete indexes here: http://ancestry.*co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx I looked as far as 1922 but I didn't see any more births. Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 May 2007 18:49

They had another child called Vivian in 1916. Rose

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 5 May 2007 21:11

Queensland BMDs have just come online, but they only go up to 1914: http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/bdm/IndexSearch.htm You might find something here (passenger lists and military service records), but the site isn't responding at the moment: http://www.naa.gov.au/The_Collection/recordsearch.html