Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cole

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dale

Dale Report 16 Sep 2006 15:24

I am trying to find my grandmothers family. I am not sure whether it is Cole but they lived in Bishopsnymton, South Molton, Devon. UK Head Jaccob wife Maria (nee Bale) Robert George Patience Samuel Mary (my grandmother) Jane William Frank Redvers Any info would be appreciated

Christine

Christine Report 16 Sep 2006 15:29

1901 - you're in luck. As Reg says, a few dates would be helpful next time, please. Even rough time span. Anyway ..... Name: Jacob Cole Age: 43 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1858 Relation: Head Spouses's Name: Maria Where born: Oakford, Devon, England Civil parish: Bishops Nympton Ecclesiastical parish: Bishops Nympton St Mary Town: Bishops Nympton County/Island: Devon Registration district: South Molton Sub-registration district: Witheridge Household Members: all children born Bishopnympton Frank Cole 2 George Cole 16 stockman on farm Jacob Cole 43 carter on farm Jane Cole 8 Maria Cole 40 born East Anstey Devon Mary Cole 9 Patience Cole 14 Redvers Cole 4 months Robert Cole 18 carter on farm, Samuel Cole 12 William Cole 4 James Gard 12 visitor, born Rose Ash, Devon Address Knowle Down Updating with occupations and place of birth - few mins please. Done

Harold

Harold Report 23 Dec 2007 21:21

East Anstey Devon
I have John Channon c 1766 married Elizabeth Winter c1770 at East Anstey
It says "both of this parish", but I found that Elizabeth was born in Halberton
John signed & was a farmer, while Elizabeth put her mark.
Witnesses Thomas Channon & Thomas Elworthy
John & Elizabeths children were born, some in East Anstey & some in West Anstey
I have done extensive search into Channo's Devon. Yet cannot find anyone who could possiblly be either John or Thomas
I have managed traced Elizabeths parents
Does anyone please any records for that area or know where I can search,as living in New Zealand find info hard to get

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Dec 2007 21:27

Harold

don't know how you managed to resurrect this very old thread but you are unlikely get any results by tacking your enquiry on to it. You would be better starting your own thread.
regards

Shirley