Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Newtownards Co Down census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 2 Jun 2006 21:37

I'm trying to trace 2 families in Newtownards in the census. Firstly, the Keenan family. Arthur Keenan was a blacksmith in Greenwall Str in 1882 with a 22 yr old son. This means I guess he was born between 1845 and 1860 and if he was still alive would still be a smith in 1901. Samuel McKei was a labourer in 1882 living in Frederick Street with a 21 year old daughter. So I guess he was also born between 1845 and 1860. Thanks

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 2 Jun 2006 21:45

Newtownards is where please

Charles

Charles Report 7 Jan 2008 17:44

Hello John:
I am also researching my Keenan;s from the Ards penninsula of Co.Down. My gg grandfather John Keenan was baptized in Kircubbin, Co.Down in 1835. He immigrated to the Dearham, Cumberland, ENG area about 1845 with his parents; Felix and Sarah (McQuoid) Keenan;b 1814/1809;IRL.
Drop a line if you see any connection, my tree is listed on this site.
Best regards from Western NY
Chuck Keenan
[email protected]

Potty

Potty Report 7 Jan 2008 17:54

Charles

Not a good idea to put your email address on an open board - suggest you remove it and ask John to PM you instead