Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Salford cemetery grave lookup PLOWS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maxwil

maxwil Report 26 Jul 2007 02:54

Can anyone help with this? Seeking grave for SARAH PLOWS d Dec qtr 1878 in Salford age 77 Also her husband WILLIAM PLOWS - Have found no death for him in Lancashire. He was a Mason and they moved about so probable he died elsewhere but thought he may be buried Salford I found him on 1841 census (age 40) but his wife a widow on 1851 There are several William Plows deaths on BMD between 1841-1851 Thanks Max

Patricia

Patricia Report 26 Jul 2007 07:40

Hi Maxine, I had a look on the N.B.I. 2nd Edition but Salford is not on the discs. However, I checked for a Sarah Plows anywhere in the country but no luck as you can see from the following:- N.B.I. Disc No. 4 – 1861-2003 15 Aug 1866 Sarah PLOWS inf Yorks W/R Swinefleet, St Margaret. 4 Oct 1886 Sarah PLOWS 3 Yorks W/R Hook, St Mary. However, I found several William Plows (died 1841 - 1851) but I don't know if they match with what you know. N.B.I. Disc No. 3 - 1826-1860 25 Dec 1826 William PLOWS 31 Warwicks Birmingham, St Mary Whittall St 16 Oct 1827 William PLOWS 60 Warwicks Birmingham, St Mary Whittall St 11 Apr 1830 William PLOWS 47 York York, St Michael le Belfrey 13 Jul 1831 William PLOWS 10 Yorks W/R Tadcaster, St Mary 25 Apr 1845 William PLOWS 77 Yorks W/R Kippax, St Mary. There are no PLOWS on any of the discs in Lancashire. I don't know if this helps but good luck anyway. Pat.

maxwil

maxwil Report 26 Jul 2007 10:05

Thanks Pat for the info - none of them ties in with my immediate relies but will file in event of finding a connection Max