Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Canadian Marriage Look Up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 25 Jul 2007 23:02

I wonder if someone could look upthe marriage of John Rosebrook for me on Ancestry. I do not have the subscription to this part of the site. THANKS alice

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 25 Jul 2007 23:08

Where and when? Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 25 Jul 2007 23:09

Name Estimated birth year Marriage Date Spouse Name Marriage County John Rosebrook abt 1887 23 Apr 1907 Olive Fay Patrick Essex John Rosebrook abt 1847 21 Apr 1870 Hannah Blackmore Leeds and Grenville Rose

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 25 Jul 2007 23:10

This is from the Ontario Vital Statistics. It's familiar, I think I've sent it before: Vol 6, pg 253 (Leeds Co) John ROSEBROOK, 23, points man on railway, Essex England, Prescott, s/o Ambrose & Susannah ROSEBROOK; married Hannah BLACKMORE, 23, Somersetshire England, Prescott, d/o John & Sarah BLACKMORE; witn – John DOLAN & Margaret GOWELL, both Prescott, 21 April 1870, Prescott

Mad Alice

Mad Alice Report 25 Jul 2007 23:15

I was interested in John Rosebrook and hannah Blackmore. Yes it probably was familiar - I seem to have lost the data somewhere on the computer!!! Thank you all for helping again Alice

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 26 Jul 2007 03:32

Do you have this 1881 Canadian census, Alice? Name Marital Status Gender Ethnic Origin Age Birthplace Occupation Religion John ROSEBROOK M Male English 34 England Brakeman On R.R. Church of England Hannah ROSEBROOK M Female English 34 England Church of England Hannah ROSEBROOK S Female English 8 O <Ontario> Church of England Jane ROSEBROOK S Female English 6 O <Ontario> Church of England Ernest C ROSEBROOK S Male English 3 O <Ontario> Church of England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Source Information: Census Place Prescott, Grenville South, Ontario Family History Library Film 1375866 NA Film Number C-13230 District 106 Sub-district B Division 2 Page Number 11 Household Number 54+