Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Railway Houses .. Carnforth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracy

Tracy Report 25 Jul 2007 22:25

people who worked at carnforth railway station lived in the railway houses which were owned by the railtway lnwr ..(grosvenor place) .. and although one family may have been living there other people who worked on the railway stayed too ... how do i find out who was there and when after the 1901 census ..... tracy

Vera

Vera Report 25 Jul 2007 22:29

Hi Tracy, You could try one of the street directories of the time eg..Kellys. Maybe someone might be able to help with the directories. Regards Vera

Tracy

Tracy Report 25 Jul 2007 22:31

hi vera sorry dont know what kelly's is tracy

Vera

Vera Report 25 Jul 2007 22:52

Hi Tracy, Kellys Street Directories ....the directory could tell you who lived in a particular house...private residents also trades. The nearest library to Carnforth might be able to help. Regards Vera

Tracy

Tracy Report 25 Jul 2007 23:10

hi vera thank you for that, i will check that out, i know the houses were owned by the railway, and even though one family lived there they had to let the other railway workers stay... thanks again tracy