Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 Or 1851 Dorset Look Up If Possible Please..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 25 Jul 2007 22:01

Hi All, Would anyone be kind enough to look up the following husband and wife please? Should be in Dorset... Mary and Thomas Buckland. Not sure of ages or places of birth but I think it would be either Hawkchurch or Thorncombe, Dorset for both. A bit sketchey but I know nothing other than they were married in 1812 in Hawkchurch. Thanks Demelza

Ellen

Ellen Report 25 Jul 2007 22:08

Hi demelza, have you tried the Dorset opc's site, just google it in and there is quite a wide coverage of Parishes for Dorset. Ellen.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Jul 2007 22:10

Sorry, I can't find them, but this might be a son of their's:- Name: Thomas Buckland Age: 25 Estimated birth year: abt 1816 Gender: Male Where born: Dorset, England Civil Parish: Hawkchurch Hundred: Uggscombe County/Island: Dorset Country: England Street address: Finney Mills Occupation: Builder Registration district: Axminster Sub-registration district: Axminster Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Elizth Buckland 20 Thomas Buckland 25 Kath. x

HampshireMel

HampshireMel Report 25 Jul 2007 22:17

Ellen, Thanks I'll try that now, hopefully I'll come across something. Kathleen, Thanks very much for taking the time. I'll make a note of it all and see if I can link them in. Thank you. Demelza

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥

♥≈♥Louise♥≈♥ Report 25 Jul 2007 22:22

these are all the thomas bucklands married to mary's in 1851 does any seem right Thomas Buckland Mary abt 1822 Dartford, Kent, England Head Dartford Kent Thomas Buckland Mary abt 1801 Newport, Buckinghamshire, England Head Sunbury Middlesex Thomas Buckland Mary abt 1823 Rempstone, Nottinghamshire, England Head Nottingham St Mary Nottinghamshire Thomas Buckland Mary abt 1772 Bridgford, Nottinghamshire, England Head Thoroton Nottinghamshire Thomas Edward Buckland Mary Ann abt 1814 Deptford, Kent, England Head Greenwich Kent Willm Thos Buckland Mary abt 1799 Wraysbury, Buckinghamshire, England Head Wraysbury Buckinghamshire