Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

chesham parish records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 3 Aug 2005 18:06

hi all does anyone have the parish records for chesham as i am trying to find all geary families in chesham Jayne

Esta

Esta Report 3 Aug 2005 18:15

Do these help from Pallot's Marriage Index for England: 1780 - 1837 Mary Geary... Thos Bryant 1830 Chesham Jos Geary..... Eliz Higgs 1837 Chesham Hy Geary... Rebecca Howe 1829 Chesham Diana Geary... Thos Mays 1834 Chesham Daul Geary..... Charlotte Norris 1790 Chesham Ann Geary.... John Payne 1830 Chesham Sarah Geary.... Wm Price 1823 Chesham Mary Geary.... Benj Puddephatt 1807 Chesham Jos Geary Susanna Meadham 1835 Chesham Buckinghamshire Not Parish records but it gives you some names to play with !!

Graham

Graham Report 2 Nov 2007 07:39

Hi Jane,

I have recently purchased transcripts of the Chesham Register of Baptisms & Burials 1743 - 1760 & Marriages 1743 - March 1754.

On page 2, 1744, there are 3 baptism entries for Geary of Ashleygreen, Jeremiah b.May 1727, Anne b.27 January (no year shown) and Henry b. 22 November 1738 - all are children of Thomas & Mary.

If this is of interest I would be happy to search the remainder of the register for you.

Incidentally I am researching Harding of Chesham and am looking for records between what I have here and 1837 - I don't supose you have come across them or have any ideas?

Regards,

Graham

Penny

Penny Report 2 Nov 2007 08:43

Tried the IGI?