Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Perceival Greenstreet marriage to Doris Hegan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kelly (Karen)

Kelly (Karen) Report 24 May 2005 17:23

I am trying to determine the date of marriage between Perceival Greenstreet and Doris Hegan in 1919 or thereabouts. Doris was born in West Derby in 1900. Parents were Lily and Walter Hegan. I can find no record of their marriage or their subsequent divorce, estimated to be around 1925. As well a daughter Joan Greenstreet born in 1920 and died in 1928. Any information is greatly appreciated. I believe they were married in West Derby but am not certain. This is one of your typical 'skeletons' in the closet.....

Victor

Victor Report 24 May 2005 17:25

Karen Where have you looked? Victor

Fiona

Fiona Report 24 May 2005 17:30

divorce records The divorce records are a set of registers of decrees nisi and absolute, with their indexes. These are kept by the Principal Registry of the Family Division (PRFD), and are not accessible by the public. Instead, officials will carry out a paid search of the index, and certified copies of the decrees can be bought. You can contact them at: Principal Registry of the Family Division First Avenue House 42-49 High Holborn London WC2V 6NP Tel: 020 7947 6971 or (international) +44 7947 6971 http://www(.)courtservice(.)gov(.)uk

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 May 2005 17:46

Hi Karen Have found marriage of Doris Hegan to Greenstreer (possibly mis-transcribed on index) Qtr 3 - 1919 - Epsom - vol 2a - pg 80. Birth of Joan Greenstreet Qtr 3 - 1920 - Birkenhead - vol 8a - pg 1088. (mother's maiden name Hegan) Haven't found death of Joan - searched all qtrs 1927-1928. Regards Jackie

Kelly (Karen)

Kelly (Karen) Report 26 May 2005 14:41

I am new to all this so have done a limited search. Jackie; I think you have hit on the marriage. Does it indicate any witnesses to the marriage? It could be that Joan died in 1929, though my Father Brian, thought it was 1928. Brian was born in 1924 and I have a copy of his birth certificate. We aren't sure when Percival and Doris divorced though my guess would be around 1924-26. Thank you for your help. If you find anything else, would love to hear.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 May 2005 14:22

Hi again Karen Have now also checked 1837 online years 1929 - 1931 for death of Joan Greenstreet, but nothing. It could be that, since her parents had divorced, that Joan's death might have been registered under a different surname i.e Doris's maiden name or new married name if she had remarried between 1924 and date Joan died. Regards Jackie

Brenda

Brenda Report 1 Jun 2012 20:03

I searched freeBMD and found that Joan Greenstreet died first quarter 1928 age 7 in Maidenhead.
Brian Greenstreet - mother Hegan - was born fourth quarter of 1924 in W Ham. Place of an event might help with other family queries at a certain time.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 1 Jun 2012 20:08

Did you not spot the date of this thread 2005 ?

Unlikely that anyone will be checking back on it after all this time

Kelly (Karen)

Kelly (Karen) Report 1 Oct 2018 00:30

I am checking back after a long break. Thank you for your input....

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Oct 2018 08:18

Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone who posted on here still uses GR, apart from yourself

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 1 Oct 2018 10:16

Connected thread:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1373287