Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone live in or near Birtley Co.Durham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alyson.

Alyson. Report 4 Feb 2005 15:41

Hi. Today i recieved the marriage cert. for my grandparents. It says that they were married at St. John's the Evangelist church in Birtley. Could someone please explain to me where this church is if it is still there. I do have very limited knowledge of the area as i was there last September but my mother lived there until 1960's. I have a photograph of the church but it is a close up one. Thankyou Alyson

Thomas

Thomas Report 4 Feb 2005 16:03

Hi , Yes St Johns is still there, if you would like a photo of it mail me and I will take one for you. Regards Tony

Alyson.

Alyson. Report 4 Feb 2005 21:12

Thanks Tony. I have mailed you. Regards. ALYSON

Barry John

Barry John Report 22 Dec 2007 18:19

Hi my name is Barry Embleton I am originally from Birtley although I live in Warrington now I used to go to Birtley East Secondary Modern school I left in 1961 everyone knew me though If you like you can get in touch with me on [email protected] cheers for now bye bye.