Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841/1851 census Lancashire Lookup Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brian

Brian Report 18 Jan 2005 17:42

I would be very grateful if a anyone could look for a Jonathon Brown bc1823 we believe in Blackburn his father was William Brown he may have had a brother Edward and a sister Esther,he is believed to have Married a Margaret Holt in 1849 and went to Aussie in 1855. Thanks in Advance if anyone can help Brian

Paul

Paul Report 20 Jan 2005 10:27

Hi Brian, As far as I know, there are very few names indexes for Lancashire for these years if any for Blackburn. Do you have an address from one of the certificates that people could use as a starting point, otherwise it's a case of trawling through hundreds of census pages checking for the name. Paul

Brian

Brian Report 20 Jan 2005 18:13

Thank you Paul.This is an enquire from my cousin in Australia,I will e-mail her and see if she has more info and resubmit the request if she has. Thanks for replying Brian

Brian

Brian Report 21 Jan 2005 07:13

UPDATE Marriage certificate for Jonathon BROWN and Margaret HOLT. It gives Jonathon residing at Montague Street, Blackburn. His occupation was a Joiner. His father William was a Butler. His wife Margaret (nee Holt) was a weaver and she resided at Brookhouse, Blackburn. Her father was John Holt and he was a Butcher. Thanks. Would be grateful for any help Brian

Paul

Paul Report 24 Jan 2005 18:17

Hi Brian, Sorry but no trace of any BROWN in Montague Street in 1851. Paul

Brian

Brian Report 24 Jan 2005 18:58

Hi Paul . Hard luck about that. But appreciate the effort you put in to try and help me. Kind regards Brian

James

James Report 1 Jan 2008 02:35

hi brian came across details you put on here of an enquiry for margaret holt from blackburn margaret was one of my relations who married jonathon brown