Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death - Ardleigh, Essex? - Look Up

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angelwings

Angelwings Report 3 Nov 2004 16:12

I don't know how easy it is to look up a death but this could be worth a try. Please (if poss) could somebody look up the death of Mary Everitt. I think she died because she appears on the 1891 census, age 8, born in Ardleigh, Essex. But she does not appear in that household on the 1901 census. I believe she may have died.

Jools

Jools Report 4 Nov 2004 00:16

Why can't she have married - she was more than old enough? Equally - she could have been in service or mistranscribed. I rather think this will be her on the 1901 (slightly mistranscribed as May instead of Mary) Living at 112 High St, Colchester Beryl E Cheshire 9 months Colchester, Essex, England Daughter Colchester Essex Dulcie E Cheshire 2 Colchester, Essex, England Daughter Colchester Essex Edwin Cheshire 36 Colchester, Essex, England Head Colchester Essex Butcher Evelyn M Cheshire 3 Colchester, Essex, England Daughter Colchester Essex Jessie Cheshire 32 Shenfield, Essex, England Wife Colchester Essex May S Everett 18 Ardleigh, Essex, England Colchester Essex General Servant Domestic Source information: RG13/1710 Registration district: Colchester Sub-registration district: Colchester, Third Ward ED, institution, or vessel: 1 Folio: 7 Page: 5

Maureen

Maureen Report 17 Dec 2007 10:48

Hi Gayle

If you are looking for May Everitt she was born on 01 Oct 1882, and married Arthur Joseph Young in May 1907. I have a photograph of them at home. Just realised that this is an old query, so you may have all the info by now.
Love Aunty Maureen