Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Census lookup please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley\Suzanne

Lesley\Suzanne Report 27 Jul 2007 11:31

Hello, One of my relatives got married in 1896 in St. Georges in the East. She either married Richard MORRIS or Albert Edward A. PORTER. Her name was Clara Louisa HAPPE. She was born in Stepney Q4 1868. I'm hoping that a peek at the 1901 census will show me which man she actually married. Thanks in advance for your help. Lesley

Lesley\Suzanne

Lesley\Suzanne Report 27 Jul 2007 13:13

Does this mean that she definitely didn't marry Albert Porter who appears on the same page of the register?

June

June Report 27 Jul 2007 13:20

1901 Name: Martha J Porter Age: 36 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1865 Relation: Wife Gender: Female Where born: Folkestone, Kent, England Civil Parish: Kensington Ecclesiastical parish: St Gabriels Chapelry and St James Norlands County/Island: London Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View Image Registration district: Kensington Sub-registration district: Kensington Town ED, institution, or vessel: 32 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 84 Household Members: Name Age Albert G M Porter 2 8 months Lily A M Porter 1 Martha J Porter 36 looks like Martha married Albert Porter June x

Lesley\Suzanne

Lesley\Suzanne Report 27 Jul 2007 13:27

Her name wasn't Martha, it was Clara Louisa and she was born in Stepney not Folkstone...

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 27 Jul 2007 13:28

Lesley I haven't found her on 1901 as Morris or Porter. Maybe the only way to be sure is to buy the cert. Angela

June

June Report 27 Jul 2007 13:28

Marriages Dec 1896 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Happe Clara Louisa St. Geo. East 1c 629 Harris Martha Jane St. Geo. East 1c 629 Morris Richard St. Geo. East 1c 629 PORTER Albert Edward A St. Geo. East 1c 629 Martha is there June x

Lesley\Suzanne

Lesley\Suzanne Report 27 Jul 2007 13:32

Ah, June, I see what you mean now.. Doh! Looks like I might have to fork out the seven squids after all... Thanks for all your help.

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 27 Jul 2007 13:33

For what it's worth, there is a married Albert E Porter with his brother in West Ham, which would explain why Martha is alone. I still can't find Clara & Richard. Angela