Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 census lookup please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jan.

Jan. Report 26 Jul 2007 13:49

Hi, Please could someone do the following 1901 census lookup for me? I've got brief details from the free access of 1901 census, but would like full details of them please. My friend has already looked for them on Ancestry, but they are not on Ancestry - apparently Ancestry has some records missing. They are on GR's 1901 records, but I haven't got any credits for them. This is the family I'm looking for, living in Birtley, Co Durham. William Faloon (down on census as Wm) born 1858 in Birtley, Co Durham Elizabeth Faloon, born 1857 in Birtley Margaret Faloon, born 1868 in Birtley Sarah , born 1886 in Birtley. I'm particulary interested in Sarah, born in 1886. Is there a surname recorded for her, or is it left blank? Apparently she is down as a neice, and I'm wondering if she has a different surname? Thanks, Jan

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 26 Jul 2007 13:54

1901 poss Name: Margaret Tallson Age: 33 Estimated birth year: abt 1868 Relation: Sister Gender: Female Where born: Birtley, Durham, England Civil Parish: Birtley Ecclesiastical parish: St John the Evangelist Town: Birtley County/Island: Durham Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Chester Le Street Sub-registration district: Harraton ED, institution, or vessel: 6 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 310 Household Members: Name Age Sarah Talloon 15 niece Elizabeth Tallson 44 Wife Margaret Tallson 33 Wm Tallson 45 Head UPDATED Address is Cuthbert St. William is a labourer at ironworks Image looks like Fallson or Falloon? Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 4702; Folio: 140; Page: 54. Only Wm has a surname shown the rest are dittoed

Jan.

Jan. Report 26 Jul 2007 14:03

Thanks very much Glitter baby. Yes its them - their surname is Falloon. So Sarah's surname is definitely Falloon, the same as the others? Jan

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 26 Jul 2007 14:12

1891 Name: William Falloon Age: 32 Estimated birth year: abt 1859 Relation: Son Father's name: Patrick Mother's name: Margaret Gender: Male Where born: Birtley, Durham, England Civil Parish: Birtley Ecclesiastical parish: St John The Evangelist Birtley Town: Birtley County/Island: Durham Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View image Registration district: Chester Le Street Sub-registration district: Harraton ED, institution, or vessel: 5 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age James Falloon 34 Margaret Falloon 65 Margaret Falloon 24 Patrick Falloon 58 Thomas Falloon 26 William Falloon 32 Rachael King 9 grand daughter No Sarah living with the family

Jan.

Jan. Report 26 Jul 2007 14:27

Hi Glitter Baby, Thanks very much for the 1891 census - a bonus for me! Wonder if you would be able to take on a bit of a challenge for me please? I've been trying to trace Sarah Falloon's birth to see if I could find out who her parents were. I havent been able to find her birth entry in c1886 in Birtley, Co Durham. So I was wondering if seeing as she is down as niece in 1901, maybe they have recorded her surname wrongly. I'm wondering if she is really neice to Elizabeth Falloon, whose maiden was McEWEN. I have found this birth entry on Freebmd;- March 1887 Sarah McKEON Chester-le-Street. (Chester-le-Street is the registration district for Birtley) If you have time please could you look up on the 1891 census for a Sarah McKEON/McEWEN? Thanks, Jan

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 26 Jul 2007 14:41

Jan, Nothing jumping out at me on 1891 census. Sorry but just about to logout until later - perhaps someone else will have some luck. Maureen

Jan.

Jan. Report 26 Jul 2007 14:47

Thanks very much for looking for me Maureen. Not to worry, think I will leave it as think it is too hard to prove anything. Appreciate you looking for me. Jan