Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help tracing the Paul family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

joysie4

joysie4 Report 29 Jul 2007 20:36

Where do I start looking for Allens Parents and Grandparents Allen Frederick Paul b 1900 Gosport Hampshire I would be very grateful Joyce

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 Jul 2007 20:41

Could this be his birth reference:- Name: Allen Frederick Paul Year of Registration: 1899 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Alverstoke County: Hampshire Volume: 2b Page: 546 If so, then the certificate would give you his parent's names and you can then look for them in the census, and work backwards for their parents. Kath. x

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 29 Jul 2007 20:46

How about ALFRED Frederick? 1901 census 46 Richmond Rd., Alverstoke, Southampton Frederick Paul, head, 39, chief stoker, R.N., born Isle of Wight, Yarmouth Mary Ann, wife, 34, born Somerset, Chard? Alfred Fred'k, son, 1, born Hants, Gosport

joysie4

joysie4 Report 29 Jul 2007 21:02

Thank you kathleen Nibbo Margaret that was quick can I trace them on family search now ??? My friend will be very gratefull for this information Joyce