Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP NEEDED PLEASE - murder and suicide in 1878

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kath23

kath23 Report 29 Jul 2007 14:16

Hello,my gg grandfather SAMUEL HALE shot his wife SUSAN HANE nee BOWLES,then shot himself in 1878. I have a copy of the article that the Times newspaper wrote about the event but I was wondering if anyone would know if it is possible to obtain a copy of the coroners report and if so were would I obtain it ? Thank you Kath

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 Jul 2007 14:49

I would think the best place to look would be the County Record office for the area, although I don't think many coroner's reports survive. I doubt you would get any more details than you got from the newspaper report. Kath. x

Heather

Heather Report 29 Jul 2007 16:17

I couldnt get a report from 1912 - I guess it depends on the local records offices. The newspaper report was excellent though and it was amazing to 'hear' the words of my GGM and her sons etc. Take it you have his death cert?

kath23

kath23 Report 29 Jul 2007 17:02

Thank you for your replies.I have both the death certificates and the newspaper report is really imformative,I just wondered if the coroners report would have more details but judging by your commets I have the best infomation in the newspaper report. Thanks again kind wishes,Kath