Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WW1 Pension lookup please on Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gigi

Gigi Report 28 Jul 2007 19:43

see below

Gigi

Gigi Report 28 Jul 2007 19:45

Hello All, Could someone please lookup my grandad Frederick Ellwood sergeant no 19477 in South Lancs regiment. He was injured and had a war pension. Thanks in advance, Gillian

Linda G

Linda G Report 28 Jul 2007 20:26

Hi Gillian It's a long job to do a look up on the pensions. Sometimes they are 10/15 pages long. You have to download each page seperately Linda

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 28 Jul 2007 20:30

Don't see a Frederick Ellwood 19477 I was just going to look at the first page to see if it would help you). But then I also haven't found my uncle who I know was wounded, nor my grandfather who was not wounded. Don't forget these records are INCOMPLETE! So many WW1 reocrds were destroyed during WW2.

Gigi

Gigi Report 28 Jul 2007 20:36

Didn't realise it was that difficult! Thank you both anyway. Gillian