Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Another brickwall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris

Chris Report 28 Jul 2007 15:48

I have a Mary Harrison(nee Grayson)d 1837 age45 she d at sheffield,and is buried in Eccelsall Parish Church, my queery is how do i find out where she lived before her marriage, and her parents names?Any help would be brilliant,Thankyou Chris

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 28 Jul 2007 16:32

I came across this one on BVRI. I doubt that it's her but wish it was. Look at the extra info it gives! Your Mary wouldn't have been born in York, woud she? Mary Grayson born 10 Oct.1795, christened 16 Oct.1795, St. Saviour, York, Yorkshire. Father: Isaac Grayson Father's father: Thomas Grayson Father's mother: Mary Mother: Mary Tatlock Mother's father: Thomas Tatlock Mother's mother: Mary

Chris

Chris Report 28 Jul 2007 16:36

Thankyou Margaret, i dont no where she was born, only that when she married she was a spinster of the parish (fulwood) I will make her fit in lol Thanks Chris

Chris

Chris Report 28 Jul 2007 17:38

Hi Sophie she was m at Sheffield Parish church her firet child was b1823, have looked thro the i G i but she seems to be a mystery, I will keep on looking, thankyou for your reply Chris

Chris

Chris Report 28 Jul 2007 17:53

Sophie if this is her you are a genius .Cant thank you enough regards Chris