Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing relative-possibly went to Canada- Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anna

Anna Report 28 Jul 2007 15:27

I have a relative Ernest Pluckwell born c1880 in the workhouse in Edmonton. In 1901 he is orphaned, living in lodgings. After that the trail runs cold. I went through the entire BMD records on Ancestry (whilst it was still free :-() and nothing came up. It's a very rare name, but I notice on Ancestry there is an entry for an Ernest Pluckwell in the Canadian Genealogy Index 1600s-1900s. Can anyone with a full Ancestry subscription help? If it's not him I'll have to scratch my head some more. Thanks Anna

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 28 Jul 2007 15:37

Sorry - I can't help with the Canadian look-up but thought I'd pass on Ernest's father's death details just in case you didn't have them:- Name: Frederick Pluckwell Estimated Birth Year: abt 1829 Year of Registration: 1894 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun Age at Death: 65 District: Edmonton County: Essex, Hertfordshire, Middlesex Volume: 3a Page: 196 Kath. x

Anna

Anna Report 28 Jul 2007 15:42

Thanks Kathleen

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 28 Jul 2007 15:44

I've had a look at the listing of home children in Canada, checked the 1901 and 1911 Canadian censuses and checked the attestation papers for soldiers if WW1. Not a Pluckwell anywhere! Sorry, Margaret

Thelma

Thelma Report 28 Jul 2007 15:45

No other info available Canadian Genealogy Index, 1600s-1900s about Ernest Pluckwell Name: Ernest Pluckwell Event: Living Year: 1913 Province: Saskatchewan Place: Swift Current Comments: Caretaker. Source: Henderson's Swift Current Alphabetical Directory for 1913. Volume/Page: 178 Note: The province and county are associated with the location of the record source and in some cases may not be the same as the place where the event occured.

Anna

Anna Report 28 Jul 2007 16:00

Thanks Jim I suppose that could be him. Anna

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 28 Jul 2007 16:53

Theoretically, the one that Jim found should be on the 1911 census in Saskatchewan but I can't find him. Probably badly mis-transcribed! Margaret

Anna

Anna Report 28 Jul 2007 17:02

Thanks for your efforts Margaret. I assumed that when there was a rare name it would be easier to find, but sadly that's not the case as noone could spell it!