Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where ? if possible !** Thanks Roy**

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Camille

Camille Report 28 Jul 2007 13:52

Can anyone tell me if I will be able to find any details for soldier in WW11 and if so ,Where ??. I have his Regiment and number. Thankyou for any advice. Lulli x

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 Jul 2007 13:56

yes his medal card from the natrional archives and possibly his pension record from ancestry http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/power-search.asp?searchType=powersearch Roy

Camille

Camille Report 28 Jul 2007 14:00

Thanks for that Roy, appreciated. Lulli x

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 28 Jul 2007 14:02

Sorry, i miss read your thread, thought you said WW1 the only way to get WW2 records is to apply for them, it cost about £30 Officers or Soldiers whose regular or reserve service ended between 1921 and 1997 Army Personnel Centre HQ Secretariat Historical Disclosures Mail Point 400 Kentigern House 65 Brown Street Glasgow G2 8EX Tel: 0845 600 9663, option 1, then option 3 Officers and Soldiers of the Foot Guards Regiments Regimental Headquarters The ******* Guards Wellington Barracks Birdcage Walk London SW1E 6HQ ***(Insert as appropriate: Grenadier, Coldstream, Scots, Irish or Welsh) Roy

Camille

Camille Report 28 Jul 2007 14:06

That's O.k. Roy , I can use it for my WW1 searches, thanks again. Lulli x