Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Look up needed -Pallots Marriage Index

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 31 Jul 2007 04:40

Last hope.....Richard Bradley to Sophia ????? Both b c 1810 so would be late 1830's Also John Peters to Sarah??????? about 1800 Both in London Thanks Peter

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 Jul 2007 04:48

Couldn't find a Richard Bradley to Sophia on Pallot's 7 John Peters marrying a Sarah in 'London' Take your pick:- View Record Name Spouse Marriage Date Parish View Image John Peters Sarah Adams 1815 Bethnal Green John Peters Sarah Collins 1810 Spitalfields John Peters Sarah Davis 1784 St George In The Borough John Peters Sarah Doe 1834 PR Theydon Bois John Peters Sarah Dupree 1830 Stepney St Dunstan John Peters Sarah Fuller 1813 St Alban and St Olave John Peters Sarah Rodd 1815 St. George In The East Plus:- John Peters Sarah Sherwin 1836 Derby John Peters Sarah Triggs 1835 Raddington Somerset Sylvia (in Canada)

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 31 Jul 2007 05:01

Thanks Sylvia - that gives a few new avenues!! Peter

Heather

Heather Report 31 Jul 2007 09:17

Be aware that Pallots only contains a small amount of the marriages anyway and with names that common ................... Do none of them have children born after 1837 whose birth cert you could buy?

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 31 Jul 2007 10:00

Thanks Heather John and Sarah Peters had a son John, b 1800 in Bethnal Green. The only evidence I have is John snr named as father on sons marriage cert, and Sarah living with her son on census - her surname looks like Thacker but doesn't fit with anything else I can find. Richard and Sarah Bradley had seven children. Three of them are on IGI. I have Sarah in 1841 with five of them, husband Richard is missin as are Joseph 1828 and Mary Ann. Caroline who is on the census as b 1835 was actually 19 10 1837 but doesn't appear to have been registered. John c1837 is an enigma - my only chance looks like William c 1839 (2 on census) but sorting out which is his birth (if he was registered) is a nightmare. Pallots is just another opportunity Peter

Heather

Heather Report 31 Jul 2007 10:43

Sorry, Sarah living with son on census has surname 'Thacker'? You mean she may have remarried? Is that the 1841? Is that little Alfred Peters in the workhouse in 1841 the grandson? There are three Sarah Thackers in the 1841 by the looks of it in the London area. One in Bethnal Green but with a Joseph Thacker shoemaker - and a bit young for yours - but ............. I was hoping she may have a marriage cert for a second marriage that could help.

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 31 Jul 2007 11:06

I'm pretty certain she remarried to Joseph Thacker in 1825 - so that fits. Alfred would be her Grandson by John and his first wife Rosanna Butterworth (mar 1819) she died bef 1838. Alfred has siblengs Rosanna (may 1824) Caroline(aug 1826) Matilda 1829 and George 1830) - I have later marriages for Matilda, George and Alfred. John remarried 1842 to Harriet Brown and they had Charles(Jan 1844 and William(1847)....None of which seems to help going backwards..... Am off to bed - back in the morning Peter

Heather

Heather Report 31 Jul 2007 11:10

Ah, youve seent he pallot entry then - the image viewer isnt working on ancestry but both names do appear to have a 'w' next to them Name: Sarah Peters Spouse: Jos Thacker Marriage Date: 1825 Parish: Hackney Middlesex

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 1 Aug 2007 04:22

....and now I have John Peters mar Sarah Castles 29 1 1798 Spitalfields, followed by John Peters born 10 12 1798 and bap 17 3 1799 at St Mathews, Bethnal Green.Parents John and Sarah Names fit, dates fit but how do I prove it?? Peter