Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who were the parents - 2 choices - advice please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 30 Jul 2007 23:33

I have a Scott James Breeze in my tree and according to the IGI there are 2 possibilities. There is a birth in 1796 in Queenborough, Kent with the father William, mother Mary. Then there is a christening 15 Jan 1797 St Laurence (Thanet) with Father John, Mother Sarah. According to the 1851 & 1861 censuses he states his place of birth as Ramsgate. All records (41, 51, 61 census records I have found of him have him living in Queenborough. Could there have been 2 different Scott Breeze's? I haven't found mention of 2 in other censuses. I had considered that perhaps Scott could have been born in Q/b and taken to Ramsgate to be christened but with different parents I am not so sure. Any advice on how to sort out the correct parents? Thanks Susan

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jul 2007 23:39

On the 1841 there is a John Scott Breeze with an Edmund breeze

Susan

Susan Report 30 Jul 2007 23:45

Hi Julie Thanks for that. I seem to have lots of Breeze names but have to find out who goes with who, so to speak. I thought I would start with Scott James Breeze first as I know the most about him. Those two you mentioned could be brothers or even cousins to Scott. I am working on how to find out def who Scott's parents were. Cheers Susan

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jul 2007 23:48

Susan John and Edmumd are both showing born 1796 and are in the same household with no-one else

Thelma

Thelma Report 30 Jul 2007 23:48

You need parish records If these are the entries you refer to,they are both submitted and are not acceptable. SCOTT JAMES BREEZE - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Birth: 1796 Queenborough, Kent, England 2. SCOTT JAMES BREES - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 15 JAN 1797 Saint Laurence (Thanet), Kent, England

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jul 2007 23:50

Susan This is the only one i have showing on the IGI 1. Scott James Breeze - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Marriage: 15 APR 1853 Queenborough, Kent, England Ignore me thats a marriage

Julie

Julie Report 30 Jul 2007 23:58

This might help If the info i put up about the marriage is your Scott There is a Sarah in the same area in the 1841 Sarah Breeze Age: 70 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1771 Gender: Female Where born: Kent, England Civil Parish: Queenborough Hundred: Isle of Sheppey Liberty County/Island: Kent Country: England Street address: Occupation: View Image Registration district: Sheppey Sub-registration district: Minster Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Sarah Breeze 70 William Wellar 60 William is a Lawyer

Susan

Susan Report 31 Jul 2007 00:19

There is a problem with Queenborough records as many have been lost or destroyed (of course it would be the dates I am looking for). I had thought that perhaps the Sarah Breeze aged 70 mentioned in the 1841 census was Scott's mother and William Wellar was her brother but now have doubts that Sarah was nee Wellar, so will have to ponder about a possible connection there. Thanks for your help. Susan

Judith

Judith Report 31 Jul 2007 08:55

looking at the 1841 image there is a single diagonal mark between Sarah Breeze and William Wellar which probably means that although in the same house they were not the same household - he may have been a lodger. By the way I think he was a Sawyer not a Lawyer :-)

Heather

Heather Report 31 Jul 2007 09:45

Susan, O.C. who is no longer a member but who has seen your plight has asked me to inform you of the following: The LDS has a full set of filmed parish records for the area! You can order them to view from her nearest LDS centre. You can find your nearest centre on the familysearch.org site. Good luck.

Susan

Susan Report 31 Jul 2007 12:03

Thanks Judith and Heather for your replies. I will check out the LDS to see what is available. Thank you Judith for your bright eyes. Cheers Susan