Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help to find the Stacey family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jodie

Jodie Report 30 Jul 2007 19:35

My grandmother was Vera Beatrice Stacey b. 7/1/1913 or 1914. I know she married my grandad Gordon Mee but am unsure of the date. If anyone can find out anything about her family I would be very grateful.I know she was married in Brighton but I am not sure where she was born- possibly Sussex

Janice

Janice Report 30 Jul 2007 19:42

Hi Jodie, There's a Vera B Stacey registered in the 1st quarter of 1912 in Steyning district which is the right area. Mother's maiden name is Tilbury. Janice

Janice

Janice Report 30 Jul 2007 19:50

1st quarter of 1915 a sister Dorothea M E Stacey. also registered in Steyning.

Janice

Janice Report 30 Jul 2007 19:53

Hi Jodie, Do you have Vera's marriage certificate? If you do, please could you tell me what her father's name was. Thanks, Janice

Janice

Janice Report 30 Jul 2007 20:23

Hi Jodie, Gordon Mee and Vera B Stacey were married in the April May June quarter of 1937. GRO reference you need to order the cert is Hove 2b 675 The website for this is http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ Cost is £7. Janice

Jodie

Jodie Report 30 Jul 2007 20:34

Thanks Janice, that is really helpful. Will get that ordered and go from there. Jodie

Janice

Janice Report 30 Jul 2007 20:36

Just looked up Vera's death on Ancestry. Seems the informant thought she was 2 years younger than she actually was! Good luck with your searching. Janice

Jodie

Jodie Report 30 Jul 2007 20:53

There is definately some confusion in my family! In my original message I said that I thought she was born either 1913 or 1914. My aunt said 1913 then I went to her grave and worked out that it was 1914. I thought something must be wrong as I could not find her in either of those years. Thanks for your help Jodie