Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841 census LOOK UP PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 30 Jul 2007 13:16

In 1839 I have a William Worman bc 1815 Norfolk who was married to a Rhoda Chapling who was Jailed for 1 week and I am trying to ascertain if he survived to be included in the 1841 census. His wife Rhoda was transported to Australia with William receiving the above sentence. so I am looking for a William Worman born c 1815 Norfolk lived in 1839 Lyng Norfolk children Charles Worman born Lyng 1836 child most likely not with father

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 Jul 2007 13:24

Could he be this one? : William Worman Age: 25 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1816 Gender: Male Where born: Norfolk, England Civil Parish: Hethersett Hundred: Humbleyard County/Island: Norfolk Country: England Street address: Occupation: View Image Registration district: Henstead Sub-registration district: Humbleyard Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Maryann Loskey 25 Edward Worman 15 Elizabeth Worman 20 John Worman 60 Julia Worman 1 Mary Worman 55 Sophia Worman 30 William Worman 25

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 30 Jul 2007 13:26

there is a death? but no birth date William Worman 1840 Oct-Nov-Dec St Faiths Norfolk

Allan

Allan Report 30 Jul 2007 13:30

Hi Margaret, Many Thanks for your help..at this stage I do not know if the census of William Worman that you located is the same William Worman..not knowing his fathers name does not help..does the census state that William was single or married.Regards and THANK YOU Allan

Allan

Allan Report 30 Jul 2007 13:34

Hi Jennifer, Thank you for the lising of the death of a William Worman..In 1839 the records state that William was in poor health so he may not have survived. Is there a 1841 census listing of a Charles Worman b 1837 Lyng Norfolk. Parents Rhoda and William..Mother transported father could be deceased.

Allan

Allan Report 30 Jul 2007 13:37

Hi Nibbo, Yes I have Rhoda convict indent and her trial. Many thanks for checking the information that I placed on Genes. Rhoda was transported to Australia for the neglect which caused the death of one of her children.

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 30 Jul 2007 13:39

only this one in 1841 but he looks to be with family., though the 1841 dosnt give relationships Charles Worman Age: 4 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1837 Gender: Male Where born: Norfolk, England Civil Parish: Bawdeswell Hundred: Eynsford County/Island: Norfolk Country: England Street address: Occupation: View Image Registration district: Mitford Sub-registration district: Bawdeswell Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Charles Worman 45 Charles Worman 4 Frances Worman 45 John Worman 15 Sarah Worman 5

Allan

Allan Report 30 Jul 2007 13:42

Many Thanks Jennifer for checking the census for Charles Worman. It does not seem to be the same Worman family..Maybe the child was transported to Australia with his mother in 1839..

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 30 Jul 2007 13:53

Allan, the 1841 census doesn't give marital status or relationships. Margaret