Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1841..1851..1861..1871 census LOOK UP Please.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 30 Jul 2007 12:22

I am trying to find the census of a Sophia Page (sorry no date of Birth) but around 1810-1820 who married a Henry Page at St Augustine Norwich 1838..I have looked at the census index on Ancestry and found a listing for the above years.. so I am looking for Sophia Page born 1810-1820 Norwich Husband Henry Page all census records show residence Norfolk

Heather

Heather Report 30 Jul 2007 12:26

Unfortunately there are a few, you could buy the marriage cert to find her maiden name - do you know the kids names?- but: 1851: Sophia Page Name: Sophia Page Age: 44 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1807 Relation: Wife Spouse's Name: Henry Gender: Female Where born: Harting, Norfolk, England Civil Parish: Norwich Heigham County/Island: Norfolk Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Registration district: Norwich Sub-registration district: West Wymer ED, institution, or vessel: 8b Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 137 Household Members: Name Age Ellen Page 2 Henry Page 37 Sophia Page 44 Sophia Page 12 1861 Name: Sophia Page Age: 50 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1811 Relation: Wife Spouse's Name: Henry Gender: Female Where born: West Harling, Norfolk, England Civil Parish: Norwich Heigham Ecclesiastical parish: Norwich County/Island: Norfolk Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: View Image Registration district: Norwich Sub-registration district: West Wymer ED, institution, or vessel: 10 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 151 Household Members: Name Age Ellen Page 12 Henry Page 46 Sophia Page 50 1871 You have saved this record to My Ancestry (Shoebox). You have saved this record to My Ancestry (People I'm Looking For). This record has been added to your shoebox. 1871 England Census about Sophia Page Name: Sophia Page Age: 60 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1811 Relation: Wife Spouse's Name: Henry Gender: Female Where born: West Harling, Norfolk, England Civil Parish: Heigham Ecclesiastical parish: Holy Trinity County/Island: Norfolk Country: England Registration district: Norwich Sub-registration district: West Wymer ED, institution, or vessel: 16 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 25 Household Members: Name Age Hellen Page 21 Henry Page 56 Sophia Page 60

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 30 Jul 2007 12:38

any good? Henry Page Age: 50 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1791 Gender: Male Where born: Norfolk, England Civil Parish: St Margaret Hundred: Kings Lynn County/Island: Norfolk Country: England Street address: Occupation: View Image Registration district: Kings Lynn Sub-registration district: Kings Lynn North Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth Page 17 Frances Page 20 Henry Page 50 John Page 11 Sophia Page 49 Sophia Page 23 William Page 25

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Jul 2007 12:51

this could be the marriage ,unfortunately theres one lady unrecorded as yet. Marriages Jun 1838 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GUNTER Eliza Norwich 13 363 HARVEY Emily Norwich 13 363 LEGG George Norwich 13 363 PAGE Henry Norwich 13 363 ROBERSON George Norwich 13 363 SIMPSON Matthias Norwich 13 363 WARNES Sarah Norwich 13 36 As you can see its 4 gents and 3 ladies, the missingone could be Sophia

Allan

Allan Report 30 Jul 2007 12:54

To Positive Thinker and Jennifer Yorkshire..Many Thanks for your help..I did not have much information to go on...just trying to follow up a witness on a marriage certificate, who was transported to Australia in 1839 and looking for a child that may have been left behind. I had no children names to go on..so a BIG THANK YOU for your help for the census with only a very small amount of details

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 30 Jul 2007 12:58

Birth of Ellen Dec 1848 PAGE Ellen Norwich 13 262 This will give Mums maiden name

Allan

Allan Report 30 Jul 2007 13:00

Hi Shirley who is getting the hang of it. Yes I believe that the other lady missing was Sophia Worman..The BDM index does not give a name as it is a very poor copy but on the IGI it lists a Sophia Worman marrying a Henry Page in 1838 at St Augustine Norwich Norfolk..