Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HMS Resolution WW1 any experts out there ???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 31 Jul 2007 22:27

HI my grandfather served on HMS Resolution during WW1 but no one seems to be able to find anything about him...His name was Charles Darch b.18-9-1897 Addleston Surrey but spent all of his life in Weymouth Dorset if anyone can find anything about his service i would be extreemly greatfull..............

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 31 Jul 2007 22:37

Hi Gary He doesn't seem to have a record showing up on National Archives. Was Charles his first name or his middle name? Jill

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 31 Jul 2007 23:12

HI Jill charles was his first name its a bit odd that nothing is showing up i even have photos of him in his uniform and charcoal drawings that he sent home to my grandmother which are dated 1917..........GARY.......

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 31 Jul 2007 23:18

There are several ____ Charles Darch's on the National Archives site which was why I wondered. Do you have his birth cert? Jill

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 31 Jul 2007 23:22

1901 poss Name: Charles Darch Age: 3 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1898 Relation: Son Father's Name: John Mother's Name: Lotta Gender: Male Where born: Addleston, Surrey, England Civil Parish: Portland Ecclesiastical parish: St John the Baptist County/Island: Dorset Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Education: Employment status: View Image Registration district: Weymouth Sub-registration district: Portland ED, institution, or vessel: 3 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 218 Household Members: Name Age Baden Darch 1 Charles Darch 3 John Darch 28 John Darch 4 Lotta Darch 39 Mabel Darch 6 Ida Hawkings 21 Harry Massey 21

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 31 Jul 2007 23:29

hi brenda & jill according to 1901 census he was born Addleston Surrey and his last name was darch his mother was married twice but he always used the name darch even though another gr member found a birth for charles marks chertsy surrey 1897 Marks was the name of his mothers first husband and his birthday is definatley 18-9-1897 as this was given to me by my mother and it is on a letter that my mum found in the house when he died......

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 31 Jul 2007 23:33

HI Glitter thanks for putting that on it will help alot.........GARY.....

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 31 Jul 2007 23:35

HI Brenda yes thats him his mother was Lotta Hawking and Father William Edwin Marks.............Update..his mother divorced marks in 1897 and married William John Darch.in 1898...