Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

really need help ;;;;married twice

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 31 Jul 2007 21:33

HI i could really do with some help with this one John Ernest Hawking Marks also known as John Darch b.18-7-1896 Coombemartin Barnstaple Devon was married twice one wife was called Minnie the other Lily dont know maiden names they would probably have been married Weymouth Dorset as that is were they lived most of there lives....if anyone can give me a bit of help with this i would be very greatfull..............

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 Jul 2007 21:48

Is this a possibility?????? Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marriages Dec 1919 (87%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >>>>Darch John E H Stockford Chipping N. 3a 2902 Dore George W Fisher Chipping N. 3a 2902 Fisher Jane Dore Chipping N. 3a 2902 >>>>Stockford Lily Darch Chipping N. 3a 2902 - - - Freebmd doesn't go much after 1915/1920 ......... and that means that whoever is doing the searching for you has to search quarter by quarter year by year on the Complete Index on ancestry. It's boring and tedious to do that, even for your own family!!! So it is a lot to ask someone else to go trawling for you. I suggested the other day that you try a free subscription to ancestry ............. this is the kind of search you could save up to to do when you take that out! Sylvia

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 31 Jul 2007 21:50

can't find a marriage with a Minnie on freebmd ...................... but it could have happened AFTER 1919 OR Minnie is not her real name, which means it's a hopeless task looking for her!! Sylvia

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 31 Jul 2007 21:58

HI sylvia thankyou very much for looking i really appreciate it i did look on free bmd but didn,t find anything perhaps i am not looking carefully enough ...thanks again ......GARY......

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 31 Jul 2007 23:08

HI Brenda thankyou very much for that info that must be why he aplied for a birth certificate in 1949........

June

June Report 31 Jul 2007 23:09

Millicent G Newman married Darch Weymouth same numbers as above June x

gary.k.

gary.k. Report 31 Jul 2007 23:15

HI June thankyou very much for the info ..............GARY.......