Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is this possible?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 31 Jul 2007 16:35

I am trying to find the death of Eugine Paddock. She died sometime after 1912 but don't know when. I thought I had found her death in 1951 but it has come back wrong. I know she married Harry Paddock in 1912 and doesn't seem to have had any children. The death I found was a Euginie Kate Paddock wife of Harry Paddock registered in Bournemouth. It turns out her maiden name was Burnett not Chorley. I will continue this message below. Jane

Jane

Jane Report 31 Jul 2007 16:44

I also have a death for Harry Paddock in Birmingham in 1957. Which is where they were married. I guess Euginie must have died or left him before this date as the informant on the death is his sister. E Marquis. (Her maiden name is either Edith or Elizabeth Paddock.) To make sure I have the right death for Harry I need to find a marriage for Edith or Elizabeth Paddock to a Mr Marquis. Can anyone help me please? Edith was born 1887 and Elizabeth was born 1892 in Birmingham Can anyone find a death for Euginie Paddock please? I went through the BMDs on Ancestry but must have missed it. Thank you for all your help Jane

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 31 Jul 2007 16:51

Jane Looks like the Eugenie death is definitely the wrong one. What a co-incidence though! Births Mar 1888 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BURNETT Eugenie Kate Southampton 2c 26 Marriages Mar 1917 (95%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- >>Burnett Eugenie K Paddock S. Stoneham 2c 165 Keen John White S.Stoneham 2c 165 >>Paddock Harry Burnett S.Stoneham 2c 165 White Beatrice Keen S.Stoneham 2c 165 Angela

Jane

Jane Report 31 Jul 2007 16:57

Yes Euginie Kate Burnett and Harry Paddock are not mine. I was convinced I had found the right Euginie's death in 1951. It is such an unusual name. I would never have guessed that there were Two Euginie's who both married a Harry Paddock. It just goes to show you can't assume anything in this game. Thanks for helping Jane

Jane

Jane Report 31 Jul 2007 16:58

I don't know whether this will help. Harry was living at 1 Weston Road , Winson Green in Birmingham when he died. Maybe he was in a trade directory or something. Jane