Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A favor is need please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 31 Jul 2007 16:16

Can some one check a Martha Avery in the 1861 census b 1825 Northchurch, and see who has done the name correction please

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 31 Jul 2007 16:34

It's one of those little yellow triangles and I can't see how to get into the correction message. Sometimes they show them a different way and then you can see the original posting. Maybe it's because leaving your e-mail is optional ... Jill

Julie

Julie Report 31 Jul 2007 16:40

Hi Jill Sometimes you can click on the triangle and it will tell you whose made the correction. Martha is my 2x Gt G/Mother and i was wonder who might of done it. It bugs me also when they do it cos Leader is her maiden name and it takes the joy out of finding things Julie

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 31 Jul 2007 17:03

Hi Julie Had another go but nothing. I know what you mean in one way but sometimes it's a blessing to be given the maiden name ... Ancestry encourage people to add maiden names, nicknames etc. If I make corrections to any of my family I always leave my e-mail address because it's a really useful way of making contact!! Jill

Julie

Julie Report 31 Jul 2007 17:09

Hi Jill Thanks again for trying, i've got it sussed now. When its only a triangle you can't click on it, when its a speech bubble and a plus sign you can Julie