Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 census help needed PLEASE ! Surrey ??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kath23

kath23 Report 31 Jul 2007 15:02

Hello, I am trying to find ANN HOOPER HALE in the 1851 census. she was born JULY 1849 in CAMBERWELL SURREY,at 13 picton street. Her father was WILLIAM MATTHEW HALE but I do not have the date of his birth or place of birth, Her mother was ISABELLA HALE nee BATTEN again no place or date of birth. The only other thing I know is that at the time of Ann's birth William was a HAIRDRESSER. Can anyone find them for me pleaseeeeee ????

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 31 Jul 2007 15:05

poss? Ann Hall Age: 2 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1849 Relation: Daughter Father's Name: William Mother's Name: Isabella Gender: Female Where born: Cambll, Surrey, England Civil Parish: Newington County/Island: Surrey Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: Disability: View Image Registration district: Newington Sub-registration district: St Mary ED, institution, or vessel: 11 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 174 Household Members: Name Age Ann Hall 2 Emily Hall 6 Isabella Hall 32 Louisa Hall 10 Sarah Hall 8 William Hall 33 perfumer. William Hall 5 3 weymouth st st mary newington

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 31 Jul 2007 15:09

William is shown as born in Salisbury, Wilts, Isabella's pob is hard to read, definitely Surrey, Ancestry has is transcribed as Newing - i.e short for Newington. Will have a look for them in 1861 Maz. XX

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 31 Jul 2007 15:23

sorry but I can't see them in 1861 :-( Maz. XX

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 31 Jul 2007 15:29

looks like he re-married this them in 1861 Anne Hale Age: 12 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1849 Relation: Daughter Father's Name: William Mother's Name: Eliza Gender: Female Where born: Camberwell, Surrey, England Civil Parish: Lambeth Ecclesiastical parish: St Mary County/Island: Surrey Country: England Street address: Occupation: Condition as to marriage: View Image Registration district: Lambeth Sub-registration district: Lambeth Church Second ED, institution, or vessel: 7 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 13 Household Members: Name Age Alice Hale 3 Anne Hale 12 Eliza Hale 36 Emily Hale 17 Mathew Hale 2 Sarah Hale 19 William Hale 40 William Hale 15 hes an artist in shop? cant make it out., William Hale -Eliza abt 1821 Salisbury, Wiltshire, England Head Lambeth Surrey

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 31 Jul 2007 15:29

death Isabella Hale 1852 Jan-Feb-Mar Newington Surrey

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 31 Jul 2007 15:31

poss re-marriage William Hale 1857 Oct-Nov-Dec Lambeth Greater London, London, Surrey View Record William Hall 1857 Oct-Nov-Dec Lambeth Greater London, London, Surrey View Record Eliza Sarah James 1857 Oct-Nov-Dec Lambeth

kath23

kath23 Report 31 Jul 2007 16:13

WOW !!! Thank you so much,never thought of looking under Hall. Thank you for finding all the additional infomation. I have ANN HOOPER HALE'S birth certificate and as my gg grandfather was SAMUEL HOOPER HALE B1814 My g grandfather was also SAMUEL HOOPER HALEB1857 SURREY.I have been trying to find a connection between the two HALE families as HOOPER seems an unusual middle name .The only one I can think of is that William Hale,Ann Hooper Hale's father ,could be Samuel Hooper Hales b1814 's brother ,but not sure. None of Williams other children seem to have the middle name HOOPER and I have yet to find out were it came from. Anyway thank you all for your help,you are all STARS !!!!!