Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage Look Up Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 31 Jul 2007 14:07

Hi everyone, wondererd if anyone could look up a marriage for me or any info, my gg aunt Ada m Gratton i think married Edward j Wood, i know they lived in the croydon area surrey and i know Ada was born in sunderland and her birth yr was about 1869 edward must be about the same year.Ada father was Henry gratton her mother was catherine .thank you michelle x

Julie

Julie Report 31 Jul 2007 14:09

Marriages Sep 1892 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ENGLISH Margaret Orpah Lambeth 1d 736 >>>GRATTON Ada Margaret Lambeth 1d 736 Selchow Edward Frederick J Lambeth 1d 736 >>>Wood Edward John Lambeth 1d 736

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 31 Jul 2007 14:11

This looks like Ada in 1871, but her father is called Henry, not Edward:- Name: Ada M Gratton Age: 1 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1870 Relation: Daughter Father's Name: Henry Mother's Name: Cathrine L Gender: Female Where born: Sunderland, Durham, England Civil Parish: Bishop Wearmouth Ecclesiastical parish: St Luke County/Island: Durham Country: England Street address: 10 Cromwell Street Occupation: Father is a Draper Condition as to marriage: Disability: View Image Registration district: Sunderland Sub-registration district: North Bishop Wearmouth ED, institution, or vessel: 15 Neighbors: View others on page Household schedule number: 10 Household Members: Name Age Ada M Gratton 1 Alice Gratton 8 - born Wandsworth, Surrey Cathrine L Gratton 35 - born Middlesex, London Emma Gratton 7 - born Richmond Surrey Henry Gratton 37 - born Richmond, Surrey Henry Gratton 3 - born Sunderland Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 5002; Folio: 5; Page: 3; Kath. x

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 31 Jul 2007 14:13

thank you julie thought they was married but wasnt sure thank you for that.thank you kath x

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥.

♥._♥._♥.mummii4_♥_♥. Report 31 Jul 2007 14:21

thank you sophie yes he was my gg grandad thank you againx