Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marriage look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 31 Jul 2007 13:32

See below

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 31 Jul 2007 13:32

I am looking for the marriage of my 2x gt grandparents…. James Ernest Hannaford b1857 Stoke Fleming, Devon and Emma Langworthy b1858 Kingskerswell, Devon. Their first born child was b1877 Little Chalfield, Bradford upon Avon, Wiltshire. In 1871 they were still living in Devon with their parents but as Emma’s sister was married in 1875 in Merthyr Tydfil I guess they could have married anywhere. James and Emma moved from Wiltshire to Gloucestershire and by 1881 they were living in Dover where they settled. I have been searching for nearly 2 years now for this marriage…I know they were married as there is an entry on IGI but sadly there is no date or place given. I know everything about them even where they are buried and the date of burial but not their marriage and it is driving me nuts lol! Many thanks Linda

Julie

Julie Report 31 Jul 2007 14:04

Hi Linda Some of the 1st qtr of 1876 is missing for the H's it starts at Hall and for the L's it starts at Lampard that might why you can't find their marriage Julie

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 31 Jul 2007 14:15

Thanks alot Julie....I knew it would take a fresh pairs of eyes lol. Linda x

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 31 Jul 2007 14:36

found the 1st 1/4 for 1876, they are not in there,

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 31 Jul 2007 14:44

Thanks Sophie....if they married in the area it will probably be Totnes...I will give them a go. Thanks very much Jennifer. Linda

Julie

Julie Report 31 Jul 2007 15:30

Jennifer Where did you find them, cos on Ancestry I found the 1st qtr but some of it is missing, see my post

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 31 Jul 2007 15:36

hi julie. when a 1/4 is missing look on a page before or after ie 2nd 1/4 and pick a name that has most entrys, then use that and it should bring the missing 1/4 up, you then have to forward back pages to the right surname.works most times. but i managed to get the 1st 1/4 up also using emma langworthy.not sure ive explained that very well though. hope it helps.

Julie

Julie Report 31 Jul 2007 15:42

Hi Jennifer the way i did it was go into 2nd qtr then click on year then the missing qtr then the letter , but the 1st surname for L to come up was Lampard. Will have another play lol Julie Lol just had another go when you put in her full name the 1st qtr came up. I think there are some ghosts in Ancestry

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 31 Jul 2007 16:03

i think ancestry do it to keep us on our toes!,have to be a bit inverntive sometimes dont we.

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 31 Jul 2007 16:06

Thanks to you both...that's useful to know....something new to play about with lol. Linda