Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hampshire parish records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 8 Aug 2007 17:20

I have searched forwards and found my mums adoptive family , i would now like to go back further. I am not having much luck with ancestry , in finding them and think maybe i need to do the search viewing the parish records in person. To view these do i need to go to Wincester ? Can i view them at the FRC ? Thankyou Tina

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 8 Aug 2007 17:58

Tina, Depending on where in Hampshire you're looking, Knightroots have quite a lot of parish records on line. www.knightroots(.)co(.)uk. Angela

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 8 Aug 2007 18:05

Thank you angela, i'll check that out after dinner. As for where abouts i'm looking i'm not a hundred per cent sure.I am really going to check the places mentioned on the certifacates and hope for the best really. Mere , Salisbury, Hartley Wintney although on the certificates they state they are in the county of Southampton . Tina

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 8 Aug 2007 18:18

Tina Salisbury & Mere are in Wiltshire. I paid my first visit to Hampshire Records Office in Winchester a couple of weeks ago & found the staff very helpful. I was there all day, I have a lot of roots in Hampshire & luckily my son now lives there. Good luck. Angela

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 8 Aug 2007 18:36

Angela , I am as my name suggests in a rush, not for any particular reason. Have just googled and realised this ,( after you said ). Not having any knowledge of the area i assumed (not meant to really ) they were the same sort of area. Have found a wiltshire genuki and saved to favorites . Thank You again. Seems i'll be busy after tea . Tina