Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 Warwickshire look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 8 Aug 2007 12:53

I'm hoping someone can find this family for me as I'm going round the bend!! For ref on 1851 : HO107 P2060 F 114 PG23. Will post below

Jane

Jane Report 8 Aug 2007 12:58

Okay, I have Thomas Checketts born 1824 with wife Jane and daughter Emma born 1850 in Aston, Warwickshire. I cannot find any of them after 51 ;0(( The surname changes throughout census from Cheket in 41 to Checketts/Checkett/Chickett...tried all variations. Thomas I have in 1841 with his parents (HO107 P 1145 BK 6) The marriage for Thomas is in 1849 Solihul to Mary Jane Knight. Have looked under her maiden name also for them. Is anyone willing to have a look for them please? Have looked all through England and Wales....maybe I'm skimmimng past them.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2007 13:01

Do you have reason to believe they remained in the UK? Could they have emigrated? Reg

Jane

Jane Report 8 Aug 2007 13:08

Hello Reggie, This is what I'm wondering. I have a contact here who is asking me if my Thomas and hers are connected, both born 1824 Aston, Warwicks. He is the brother of my g.g.grandfather...who I have right throughout with the rest of the Checketts...bar Thomas. I've not heard back from her as to what she knows regarding this family, so wanted to re-check them myself. Looks like more credits elsewhere for me again....that will run out before I finish with them :0((( Thank you for replying.

Sue C

Sue C Report 8 Aug 2007 14:03

Could this be Jane and family in 1861? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CHECKETT, Jane Head Widow F 30 Precession Cap Maker Birmingham Warwickshire CHECKETT, Emma Daughter Unmarried F 10 Umbrella Furniture Maker Birmingham Warwickshire CHECKETT, Elizabeth Daughter F 8 Birmingham Warwickshire CHECKETT, Thomas Son M 4 Birmingham Warwickshire CHECKETT, William Son M 3 Southwick Warwickshire GIBBS, Mary Lodger Widow F 56 Charwoman Solihull Warwickshire -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RG number: RG09 Piece: 2145 Folio: 79 Page: 39 Registration District: Birmingham Sub District: 3 St Martin EnumerationDistrict: 27 Ecclesiastical Parish: St Bartholomew Civil Parish: Birmingham Municipal Borough: Birmingham Address: 32, Little Ann Street, Birmingham County: Warwickshire

Jane

Jane Report 8 Aug 2007 14:09

Hi Sue, That's superb!!!! I have found a death for a Thomas Checkett in 1857 and had tried looking for Jane/Mary Jane as a widow. I've looked countless times, must had skimmed like I said!! Now to find themm further....many, many thanks xx