Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help finding family please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Richard

Richard Report 8 Aug 2007 11:13

Hi There, My great grandmother was Elsie May Smith, born 1903 Pershore, Worcester. Her father was Samuel Smith and Elizabeth Smith, formerly (Carter) The certificate gives Samuel,s occupation as Agricultural labourer. I have found a possible marriage on the freebmdsite, Samuel Smith and Elizabeth Carter, Mar qtr 1891 Aston Warwickshire but this seems unlikely. Can anyone help me please? I will be very grateful. Thanks Regards Richard

Jane Gateshead Girl

Jane Gateshead Girl Report 8 Aug 2007 11:29

can i also ask why you have dis-counted the marriage?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 8 Aug 2007 11:51

Copying Richard's other thread, to keep info in one place Please help birth certificate Hi There, I have just recieved my great grandmother,s birth certificate. Elsie May Smith, born 1903 Pershore, Worcestershire. Her father was Samuel Smith (Agricultural labourer) and Elizabeth (formerly Carter). I am trying to find them in 1901. Can anyone help please? Thank you Regards Richard -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added by Janice Tibble on 07/08/2007 12:07:21 Are Samuel and Elizabeth married in 1901? Janice -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added by Richard Johnson on 07/08/2007 12:14:53 Not sure, sorry Richard -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added By Reggie Harvey on 07/08/2007 17:01:57 | Update Message | Delete Message You need to look for the marriage.......it will probably be on freebmd. The marriage cert will tell you the ages of Samuel and Elizabeth, and the names of their fathers, which will help with finding them in censuses. Looking for them without at least knowing how old they were would be virtually impossible. Reg -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added by Jennifer Yorkshire on 07/08/2007 19:22:10 poss marriage Elizabeth Carter 1890 Jan-Feb-Mar Aston Warwickshire Samuel Smith 1890 Jan-Feb-Mar Aston Warwickshire Samuel Smith Year of Registration: 1890 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Aston County: Warwickshire Volume: 6d Page: 298 (click to see others -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Added by Richard Johnson on 08/08/2007 10:51:20 Thank you, Janice, Reg and Jennifer. Regards Richard

Jane Gateshead Girl

Jane Gateshead Girl Report 8 Aug 2007 12:03

thanks for that Reg - still none the wiser!!