Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alice Matilda Wood (1891 Census lookup please!)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clare

Clare Report 7 Aug 2007 19:51

Have been looking for my great-grandmother but hit a dead end due to her surname Wood :D Received her marriage cert today so I have more to go on now. Her father was Charles Wood, he was a market gardener at the time of her marriage in 1905. She was 21 at the time so was born about 1884. My dad has also told me that she had a sister called Sarah. Any info from 1891 would be much appreciated! :D Clare

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 7 Aug 2007 19:54

from where?

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 7 Aug 2007 19:54

Clare Any idea of location? :-)) Is it the one in Croydon? Angela

Clare

Clare Report 7 Aug 2007 19:56

Haa sorry, they got married in Croydon, Surrey. Dad also said she was in the workhouse but I dont know when, North East Surrey, so I think the family was form there. Clare

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 7 Aug 2007 20:05

Do you have her in 1901?

Clare

Clare Report 7 Aug 2007 20:07

No :( Completely confused! Too many of them..

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 7 Aug 2007 20:10

I can't find one with a father Charles. I know what you mean about too many of them!! Angela

Clare

Clare Report 7 Aug 2007 20:13

Haha, yeah I know! :D Don't know where to look.. Actually her father may even have died by then, I don't actually know. Definately had a sister called Sarah though, my dad knew her. Thanks anyway. :D