Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone help me please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kayleigh

Kayleigh Report 7 Aug 2007 19:34

Hello, My name is Kayleigh and I am new to researching my family, and I would like to ask for help. I am trying to research my fathers side of the family, but unfortunately I reall y dont know where to start. These are the only details I have as follows My dad's name is Paul Sheehan, his father who is now deceased was called Robert Sheehan, I dont know when he was born, but I believe it was in the bristol area. Robert married my nan Janet williams. The reason I dont know any more details is beacuse my dad has never been in my life, and I have no one that I can ask. What I need to know, is where do I start to gain any information please? Thank-you very much for your time Kay (Tink)

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 7 Aug 2007 19:36

best place is either your mom and dads wedd cert or your dads birth cert, do you know what month/yr he was born? these two things will give you quite a bit of info to make a start, what yr did he die,

Kayleigh

Kayleigh Report 7 Aug 2007 20:08

Thank-you both for your speedy replies.. All I know is that my dad was born in August of 1969. I have just checked the 2 sites you have kindly given me and could find nothing for these dates. My parents were unmarried so I cannot gain anything from a marriage certificate. Would I be allowed to buy my dad's birth certificate if he is still living? Kayleigh

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 7 Aug 2007 20:23

yes you can buy his cert, ill go look see if i can find the ref numbers you will need.

jen yorkshire

jen yorkshire Report 7 Aug 2007 20:28

there are three poss in 1969 all j/a/s paul christopher in hendon (mothers maiden name griffin) volume 5c page 300 paul edward in surrey mmn tagliavani volume 5g page 390 paul francis in croydon mmn chackley volume 5a page 3135 certs cost £7 from the gro

Kayleigh

Kayleigh Report 7 Aug 2007 21:42

Thank-you so very much for your generous time, I am very grateful for yopur help. I will now look into these names and see what I can find out from various sources. May I come back to you for further help if needed, once I gain more info. Thanks again Kayleigh